Buyer's Agent

W

WebBoard

The Buyer's Agent
Date: 01 Jan 2001
Time: 23:48:48

Hi

I'm a resident of Sydney and want to purchase IP's in Brisbane/Gold Coast in anticipation of the next upturn there. However, as an interstate investor I don't want to be burned by the so-called Two-Tiered Marketeers. How should I go about locating and buying an IP? Should I enlist the services of The Buyer's Agent at http://www.thebuyersagent.com.au/index.html who know market values there better than I do?

Any advice is appreciated. Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Crystal

Reply: 1

Re: The Buyer's Agent
Date: 02 Jan 2001
Time: 03:24:41

Hi Mike,

I believe the following company has a good reputation.

http://own.every.st/

Good Luck in the New Year,

Crystal

Mike

Reply: 1.1

Date: 02 Jan 2001
Time: 18:42:02

Thanks Crystal for taking the time to reply. I've already checked out the web site and their service sounds like just what I need. In addition, they have a comprehensive links page. I'm more confident now that I will find the "right" property.

1. New - for depreciation.
2. Well located - for capital growth.
3. Near employment centre for strong tenant demand.
4. Near modern shopping facilities.
5. A good percentage of owner-occupiers to manage the property well.

Regards, Mike

Geoff W

Reply: 1.1.1

Date: 03 Jan 2001
Time: 20:25:25

Hi Mike,

Just a contribution for what it's worth.

The site cited is certainly not a 3-tiered marketer. The company is run by a contributor to, and even a graduate from, the Somers school of Property investment - with updates from the Spann school.

I had good personal recommendations from people who had purchased from CCS.

And anybody who posts anything starting with "g'day" can also probably give a recommendation.

Geoff

Scott

Reply: 1.1.1.1

Re: Cash Cow Services
Date: 05 Jan 2001
Time: 02:17:48

I hadn't heard of these guys, so I had a look at their site. Sounds like a great idea for interstate buyers, who don't want come up to Brisbane to look at their property before buying it(why anyone would do that is beyond me)...the services that they offer are on the expensive side though.

They quote their Quantity Surveyor Reports at $550....you can get them for less than $400.

Building and termite inspection - they quote $250...$170 - $200 is normal. Unless they are using those guys that do both...but I do wonder how someone can claim to be both a building expert and a pest expert.

$200 to have someone take photos of the property! You can buy an airfare from MEL or SYD for less than that. Why not come and do it yourself! Do some market research while you are here.

Valuations are quoted at $230. I arranged a valuation last year and it cost $165.

If you used all of CSS's services I estimate that you would be paying at least a $500 premium to essentially have someone else make a couple of phone calls on your behalf.

Look up the Yellow Pages, make some phone calls, get the stuff done yourself and save $500.

That's what I reckon anyway.

Scott

The Wife

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Time: 09:44:32

Hiya Scott,

Now I dont want you to take this reply the wrong way ok, and i dont want you to never post here again, I along with everyone else appreciate your posts,

but as youve most likely guessed by now, I like to have my say as well :eek:)

like a great idea for interstate buyers, who don't want come up to Brisbane to look at their property before buying it(why anyone would do that is beyond me)...the services that they offer are on the expensive side though.

You get what you pay for.

They quote their Quantity Surveyor Reports at $550....you can get them for less than $400.

Well DUUUH, Do you think CC is going to organise it for you for free?

Building and termite inspection - they quote $250...$170 - $200 is normal. Unless they are using those guys that do both...but I do wonder how someone can claim to be both a building expert and a pest expert.

Its pretty normal to see people hold both licences

$200 to have someone take photos of the property! You can buy an airfare from MEL or SYD for less than that. Why not come and do it yourself! Do some market research while you are here.

Yep, I agree, you can do it yourself, but you fail to take into account lost wages, the stress from the wife about leaving her behind, missing little Johnnys cricket debut, and little saras swimming lessons, if your going to be flying up and down all the time, your quality of life is going to be zip, unless you make this your full time job, in which case, yes, do it yourself.

Valuations are quoted at $230. I arranged a valuation last year and it cost $165.

If its THAT long between valuations for you, then yes, organise it yourself.

If you used all of CSS's services I estimate that you would be paying at least a $500 premium to essentially have someone else make a couple of phone calls on your behalf.

Or just go sign up for a unit on the gold coast, where someone else will do EVERYTHING for you, no wait, then you’ll be about $20,000.00 out of pocket, makes $500 sound not to bad.

Look up the Yellow Pages, make some phone calls, get the stuff done yourself and save $500.

That’s good advice so you know what your doing, then do yourself a bigger favour, and assemble your team, so you aren’t wasting to much of your life doing that boring stuff. You shouldn’t be afraid to pay out good money for good service. It will free up your time to find more deals learn new ideas, and power you to where you want to be faster.

That's what I reckon anyway Scott

Sim

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

Time: 16:58:57

Ahh... but is their service any good ?

Geoff1

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Time: 23:56:29

Cash Cow site has a section called useful links...

there are 2 entries under investment clubs...

Summus and The Investors Club !

...hardly "clubs" more marketting companies...

They had a section called real estate agents...the "clubs"should be under there as most marketters and "clubs" operate under a real estate licence.

They are "profit"...not "non-profit" based.

As there are no subscription fees...they depend on profit from their clients via the developers.

There are only 3 true non-profit subscription based Property and Investment organisations that I am aware of...

1. Property Owners Assoc for property Owners

2. AIA Australian Investors Assoc for property and general investors

3. ASA Aust Shareholders Assoc for the share investor.

Why are the marketter investor clubs/groups listed ...?

Is it:

1) they provide a useful service for investors-...a public service?...if so why only two.

2) Is it posible they have a financial or business link to cash cow??

3) No reason...just part of the industry?

Cash Cow ...

are they the cream of the crop!...yes or no?

Mike

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Cash Cow Services web site gone?
Date: 10 Jan 2001
Time: 19:24:21

Hello All,

The previous CCS website: http://own.every.st/ no longer works. What happened to it? Do they have a telephone contact number?

Regards, Mike

Jane P

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1.1

Re: Cash Cow Services web site gone?
Date: 11 Jan 2001
Time: 09:15:19

Oh, so sad. Cashcow Services has closed it's doors and no longer operating for various reasons. A shame as the services were fabulous. Never mind. Better luck next time.

Back