Buyers agents/advocates

Hi fellow investors,

As a long time reader of this forum, I thought I would finally ask some questions, after having read a lot of the past and present topics.

My query is with regard to Buyer's Agents / Advocates.

Whilst I am fully aware of the most of the positives / negatives with regards to using their services, what I thought I would ask everyone in these forums is :

What have been your experiences with using their services? (good and bad)

Would you recommend any of the following? (if not, please explain why not)

www.wefindhouses.com.au (Paul Wilson)

www.propertywizards.com.au (Trevor Dunkley)

www.housesearchaustralia.com.au

www.expertpropertysolutions.com.au

www.propertyresearch.com.au (Scott McGeever)

Obviously there can be large differences in the fees they charge, as well as whether they use fixed fees or percentage based fees.

Is it a case of competition with prices, or you get what you pay for?

To be fair to businesses that are cheaper, in any industry, sometimes it is only a case of price, and not the quality of the product or service.

I am trying to differentiate in this industry, and the best way I feel to be informed, is to ask those of you who have dealt with one, or more of these companies or individuals. And yes, I have read a lot of the positive feedback on this forum about Scott McGeever.

I hope that you all may be able to provide some feedback on these Buyers Agents, such that those of us that are new to investing, can make informed decisions, based on reasonably current information.

Thanks for your help, and may I applaude everyone who posts in these forums. It has been invaluable for me in continuing to educate myself on how to generate wealth for myself and my young family.

JPD
:)

I know that Jacque from this forum is one of the directors of House Search Australia and has a great deal of realestate experience.

TakeStock

I used EPS Property Search (Debbie Upward).

I learned a great deal from Debbie. Was a great experience. An article about buying agents in the Domain section of the Saturday SMHerald (4 March) got me to thinking that with all I learned and the networking I did the fee was an investment.

They have different fees for different services.
ie full search is one fee
or
you find the property and they can negotiate/bid for you. The searching bit gets some peeps round here riled up they think it means the buyer is taking less responsibility. Due diligence is still up to buyer. In fact I told the BA the street right down to a number range so I was very specific and informed.

I don't see BA taking away from my decision making. I had a very good experience but I did speak to a few first before deciding.

Hi JPD

I can certainly help you, if you're looking to buy in Sydney. Scott McGeever (whom I can personally recommend) works in Qld but I'm not so familiar with the other agents you mention. Where are you actually looking to purchase?
There have been several threads on the topic of BA's. Here's a few to keep you going :)

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24451&highlight=buyers+agents
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22798&highlight=buyers+agents
http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22246&highlight=buyers+agents

I feel the most important issue with using a BA is that you trust the person you are engaging to act in your best interests at all times. You end up having a professional relationship with them, through the continual contact so it's crucial that you're on the same page and the BA understands where you're coming from, in terms of what you want to purchase. You also need to ensure that anyone you use is suitably licensed and (preferably) has personal experience buying property for themselves.
I am available to answer any queries or specific questions you may have, so feel free to PM me or drop me a line through my site. No obligation at all :)
Good luck with your search!

Hi JPD

House Search Australia is a very reputable business. Its directors are both highly trustworthy and ethical and have a keen sense of integrity. I believe they have a very fair fee structure and you would certainly get great value for money, as they are both hard workers. Give them a try.

Jane

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Jacque,

I will probably give you a call later in the week when I have time off work to discuss your services.

JPD

JPD, Jacque refers to one of the threads that I started on buyers agents. In this thread I refer to a property that I used a buyers agent for in WA. It is one of the agents that you have asked about. If you want to, I am happy to discuss my experience with you, just send me a PM and we can chat perhaps by phone if you are interested.

Has anyone heard of National Property Buyers, or Domain Property Advocates? Both were featured in an article in the Herald Sun last month.

RSH

Back