Buying and selling

Hello all,
Have bought two properties, but never sold, and I may be buying interstate as a PPOR in the near future. I wanted to ask a few questions that hopefully you could answer:

Selling
1. Do you usually get an independent valuation prior to selling?
2. Can anyone recommend a reliable valuer in Adelaide? Especially one familiar with the North Haven area and surrounds
3. How should I select agents? I'm currently interviewing (at my house, to get an idea of value) four agents from different agencies I like (two are specifically selected agents).

Buying
1. How much do buyers agents charge? Is it usually a flat fee or % commission? To be honest, I think I'd prefer flat fee, but if % commission is it performance based?
2. Does anyone know a good buyers agent in Canberra?
3. How many properties will a typical buyers agent present to a client?

That's it for the time being, sure I'll think of more as soon as I click Post :D

Selling
2. Can anyone recommend a reliable valuer in Adelaide? Especially one familiar with the North Haven area and surrounds
3. How should I select agents? I'm currently interviewing (at my house, to get an idea of value) four agents from different agencies I like (two are specifically selected agents).

[

1. We didn't - the agent we used provided a list of comparable sales + plus we had a reasonable idea of the local market by attending auctions etc.

2. N/A

3. Mix of price or familiarity (either those attached to our PM's or agents who had sold for us before so we "knew their style")

The Y-man

Hello all,
Have bought two properties, but never sold, and I may be buying interstate as a PPOR in the near future. I wanted to ask a few questions that hopefully you could answer:

Selling

Buying
1. How much do buyers agents charge? Is it usually a flat fee or % commission? To be honest, I think I'd prefer flat fee, but if % commission is it performance based?

That's it for the time being, sure I'll think of more as soon as I click Post :D

Hi

Yes - anyone can get a val done prior to selling. Depending on the lender you're with, you might be able to receive free vals as part of the package (ie ANZ breakfree).

This website will become your best friend when searching for your house in Canberra www.allhomes.com.au

Cheers

Jamie

It depends.
For those who charge a %, on lower priced property, it might be 2.2% (inc GST) and for a higher priced property 1.1%.

Others, like us, charge a flat fee, but that can be a function of price range and what other services you might like to include in a full search.

Just ask for a quote from your chosen one. Although the fees are important, it is also necessary to choose someone who you think understands you and your needs and who you can work with.

No but I know there are at least 2 there.
Check http://buyersagentguide.com.au/

Another, "it depends" answer.

In our own case, we like to short-list 2-3, however, sometimes suitable stock is limited and we only short-list 1. In my opinion, if a BA is going to short-list a dozen or more properties for you, then you may as well have gone to all the inspections yourself. A BA is supposed to save you time.

But it does really depend. We recently had a client who was not sure if they wanted a unit, a townhouse or a villa. So after weeks of our searching, we shorlisted 2 of each type - a total of 6. My own view is, that if you have more than this, it becomes too hard to make a decision - as those 6 were the 'pick of the crop' anyway - so they're all good.

Hi

Yes - anyone can get a val done prior to selling. Depending on the lender you're with, you might be able to receive free vals as part of the package (ie ANZ breakfree).

This website will become your best friend when searching for your house in Canberra www.allhomes.com.au

Cheers

Jamie

Only possible if you're actually refinancing or doing a security swap or something, based on my recent experience...

Back