Byron Bay visit

Being a Basso girl I think you would love it! :) Go to the Byron Bay pub and order the yummiest meal you can see on the menu while enjoying your favourite drink and soaking up some the most beautiful and relaxing beaches in Australia. :)

Being a Basso girl I think you would love it! :) Go to the Byron Bay pub and order the yummiest meal you can see on the menu while enjoying your favourite drink and soaking up some the most beautiful and relaxing beaches in Australia. :)
One of our most memorable experiences - our 12 year old son still talks about it - was buying some take-away Mexican food from the little take-away shop front on the main drag, and sitting on the foreshore late in the afternoon to eat it.

Lots of folks doing the same, lots of kids playing, lots of impromptu music from the locals...a terrific moment.

I grew up on the northern rivers and during one of our first dates my now husband took me to this amazing mexican takeaway shop on the corner of Jonson and Lawson sts. After that we often made the trip to Byron just for the mexican.

We were back home together a couple of years ago and thought we'd revisit the old mexican shop and much to our joy it was still there but must have new owners or something because it tasted horrible :(

I grew up in Basso too.

I now am quite enthused to be going, does sound wonderful. Good food wins me every time too.

Unless the flights from Perth directly to the GC (Coolangatta) are either not available or the flights from Perth to Brisbane are a lot cheaper, I would fly to Coolangatta instead of Brisbane, if it were me.

The extra 1+ hour of driving from Brisbane would be a waste of time and isn't at all scenic.

Really hope you enjoy your trip. It's great to get away somewhere different if only for a few days :).

I agree, living up this way and surfing the coast from Coffs to Noosa regulary I can think of half a dozen spots on the highway you will slow to allow for roadworks and in feb there will be plenty of extra coastal traffic

I agree, living up this way and surfing the coast from Coffs to Noosa regulary I can think of half a dozen spots on the highway you will slow to allow for roadworks and in feb there will be plenty of extra coastal traffic

Happy for your suggestions of good spots along the way to visit.

So how long extra do you all thing we would need to see the sights comfortably?

I grew up in Basso too.

I now am quite enthused to be going, does sound wonderful. Good food wins me every time too.

That's what I meant, I read that you were a Basso girl previously and I'm a fan of Basso- my hubby grew up around there too!

I'm a Brisbane girl - 2 hours drive from Byron and have many varied wonderful experiences of Byron! Ha - funny thinking back! Brunswick heads is nice and laid back also.

That's what I meant, I read that you were a Basso girl previously and I'm a fan of Basso- my hubby grew up around there too!

I'm a Brisbane girl - 2 hours drive from Byron and have many varied wonderful experiences of Byron! Ha - funny thinking back! Brunswick heads is nice and laid back also.

Lol, thought you were a Brissi girl, sorry got that wrong.

Thanks for another suggestion

Happy for your suggestions of good spots along the way to visit.

So how long extra do you all thing we would need to see the sights comfortably?

Depends where you drive from, not sure what tickles your fancy for sight seeing :D

Not much to see from Brissie airport down to cooly unless you want to spend some time in Northern Gold Coast, maybe just fly into cooly and go there south and explore tweed coast down to Byron/Lennox like a few have suggested

There is still roadworks ATM around Byron but at least you will miss the headaches out of the brisbane M1 and Robina

Back