Cabarita Beach

Have been checking out The Beach resort developement at Cabarita Beach. Looks like a great spot. Does anyone have any views on Cabarita beach or nearby areas. We are looking for a coastal area to acquire an IP, with a focus on capital growth.

Montrose,

Cabarita Beach is a small beachside suburb south of tweed Heads and just out of Kingscliff. Both areas are changing rapidly and capital growth has been booming. I personally think it is a great area and will continue to show good capital growth in the next few years.

The Northern Beaches of NSW and Southern Gold Coast Beaches have massive developments going ahead and planned fro the next couple of years.

Make sure you do your research re comparative sales, rental returns etc.

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers
BUNDY

Last edited:
I have been holidaying at Cabarita Beach for the past 15 years (not for that whole time unfortunately!) and have bought at Pottsville just down the road.

I would say I am pretty familiar with Cabarita, as I have consistently checked the pricing in the Cabarita to Pottsville strip for the past 5 years every few weeks or months.

My view is that Cabarita is the place to buy, I really think it will become absolutely exclusive and expensive because of the natural beauty of the area, the building restrictions in the area, and due to the other developments in and around Cabarita.

The old pub which is being knocked down to make way for the new 'Beach' Resort currently enjoys paying land tax and rates of $250 000 per year! There are only three apartments left in the resort, ranging from 1.5m to 3m so I hope you have your cheque book open.

I would compart Cabaritas future to Byron Bay, on a slightly smaller scale.

Tim

In the holiday period I drove through the developments at Cabarita beach and seemed like a great spot targeted at retirees and holiday makers. Can anyone tell me about the rental market in this area? do people rent houses for purely holiday purposes or do they commute to work from there? I could see that there were a certain amount of holiday units for rent but the houses that are being built are these owner occupiers, retirees, holiday places or rentals.

Personally I feel this place has great capital growth over long term and would consider investing in the area for capital growth but do not know if there is any rental market there.

Back