Cabins for Sale

Local caravan park at Cronulla is being sold for re development yada yada.
my work took me there this week and I ask the manager what they are donig with all the cabins.
He said they are selling them for 10k each. Asked if this was a good price he said something about the ones at Homebush going for 20k
No connection with this mob just passing on the info.
Just imagine squeezing 3 of these in you backyard and collecting 150 per week
Scott

Im looking for a house to move onto a block of land i own. Would they be suitable for a small house or too small?

hehe they probably didnt look at you as strange as they did me when I asked them what they were doing w/ them :p

I dont think they had even thought about what they were doing w/ them before I asked them (a bit strange)

Its not a bad site 2b zoning - they did get screwed down on their FSR though - and that lame adaptable housing bit...

should go for 300+ a site (around 8mil) although that will leave slim margins for the developer... (ie it definately wont be any more than 20% in it)

the fact its next to a large petrol station isnt exactly a plus for the site...

yes I know there are many developers that work off a 20% margin ... or less

Originally posted by brains
Im looking for a house to move onto a block of land i own. Would they be suitable for a small house or too small?

too small brains

what about the tradingpost..... there is free houses in there every week (but obviously the costs of moving it are higher than moving these relocatable homes))

Originally posted by scott
Local caravan park at Cronulla is being sold for re development yada yada.
my work took me there this week and I ask the manager what they are donig with all the cabins.
He said they are selling them for 10k each. Asked if this was a good price he said something about the ones at Homebush going for 20k
No connection with this mob just passing on the info.

I'd like to know more about them please. Can you describe them as there are different types of permanent cabins. What are they made of on the outside? What do the inside contain? Lounge room? Bedroom(s)? Kitchen? Bathroom/toilet?

My sister bought a block of land and now can't afford to build a house on it so is renting and paying the land loan and struggling. Wondered if it would be feasible to buy 2/3 of these to put on her land, and join them together then reno.

Is this an option for you too brains?

Cheers
Olly

Olly

No i didnt consder this as an option as it would be too expensive -cheaper than building a new house - but dearer than getting a house moved to the block and probably just too much trouble at $10k per cabin plus relocation costs.

Your sister has got herself in a fix there - she shouldnt have borrowed for a non income producing assett. One - theres no income, two - the interest payments arent tax deductible.

Im in no great rush with my block as i paid cash for it and can wait to find a suitable house to put on it or i can sell it with the increased cap growth whenever.

And heres an option for your sister. She could investigate the possiblilty of getting a couple of villas or somthing similar approved by council and then selling it with the councils DA approval. If its viable for her area its a quick way to pick up a few bucks. She could talk to RE agents in her area to see if it would be viable and if it would add value.

Originally posted by brains
Olly

Your sister has got herself in a fix there - she shouldnt have borrowed for a non income producing assett. One - theres no income, two - the interest payments arent tax deductible.

And heres an option for your sister. She could investigate the possiblilty of getting a couple of villas or somthing similar approved by council and then selling it with the councils DA approval. If its viable for her area its a quick way to pick up a few bucks. She could talk to RE agents in her area to see if it would be viable and if it would add value.

Just realised you're at Umina Beach - my sister is at North Gosford.
My sister - AGAINST ALL ADVICE - went ahead with the buy. It was her first buy at RE and she wanted to do something before it was too late (she's early 40's and a single parent). She's a bit of an airhead/dreamer/not very practical and just whistfully dreams of living in a timber pole home amongst the birds on her very steep, bushy block (it's gonna cost her a bundle just to remove 1 tree which is in the way). Great dream but..........
She won't sell it 'cos she won't get the FHOG again and it's not suitable for villas or much else for that matter. Just thought the cabins might be an option for her - get the piles/platform or whatever in, plonk the cabins on,, join 'em up creatively, connect sewer, water etc and move in. It should leave her a bit over to reno them too - ie knock out internal walls, convert lounge room to bedroom etc. Depends on the cabins of course which is why I asked about them.

You think I'm mean for calling her an airhead? Would never do that of someone ignorant of information, making an honest mistake or not having the mental ability to understand what they are doing, but she's also had a block of land at North Arm Cove for the past 10? 15? years or whatever too. If you know anything about that little saga you'll know what I mean when I say I love her to death but Aaagggghhh! so frustrating!!

Of course I hope it all works out for her in the end and she cleans up and gets her dream, but there were easier ways of achieving it if only she'd listened - not just to me, but at least 4 other family members who have bought property and one sister and BIL who have 3 IP's as well.

Anyway, some of us live and learn and some just...........????

Cheers
Olly

Olly,

Have you ever come across "Olympic press village" prefabs that are sold at West Gosford?

As far as I can recall - $60K inc installation and Council approval.

Originally posted by multi
Olly,

Have you ever come across "Olympic press village" prefabs that are sold at West Gosford?

As far as I can recall - $60K inc installation and Council approval.

Last week she told me the saga of how the bank and some of its staff had treated her and reduced her to tears. They ended up sending a mobile lender out to sort things out I begged her to make a couple more phone calls based on what I've read so far here, said you could be stuck with this mistake for 25-30 years, you don't HAVE to go with this bank, there might be a better/cheaper way yada yada yada

She said she's happy for someone else to do all the work and pay the extra cos she can't be bothered. She's determined to get this wooden cabin thing. I've given up on her as far as this goes, but thanks for the suggestion and I might look into it myself for something I've got in mind.

Cheers
Olly

was passed in at $250K a site for those of you who are interested

you would have to shoot the auctioneer for allowing $5K increases from early in the piece - lead to the longest auction ever...

now for sale

Back