caboolture??

hi all. just wondering if anyone has any properties in calboolture. i have two and thinking of buying a third. just trying to gather information on buying there again or try my luck in sydney??? anyfeedback will be appreciated.

www.internetwealthmaking.com
:)if you have the desire you will succeed:)

hi tamtam,

no we don't have any but Caboolture was mentioned in the last API edition as the next potential booming area. In fact, my wife and myself had a look recently and it seems a bit rough. But I might be wrong... I think the location is great ...25 km to Brisbane, close to the Sunshine coast for the weekend trip. Prices are still reasonable I think ...

Cheers
Thomas

In fact, my wife and myself had a look recently and it seems a bit rough.

Fair comment, There are good parts and bad parts.

I've got a few IP's there (in the good part);). I like the area. Lots of new developments popping up. A few big developments on the horizon as well. Good blog to read on development happenings.

Call the local real estates agents and a few property managers in the area. They're good for a yack.

Cya
Aaron

i have two and thinking of buying a third.

Depends on how big your portfolio is. If you have >>10 properties, and think this is a great deal, then go for it. If you have a smaller portfolio, I'd be considering diversifying into other areas. That whole "don't put all your eggs in one basket" thing that your parents harped on about ;)

I purchased one in Narangba last year and also thinking of another this year around there (or Morayfield/Burpengary etc)

Think I will wait another year or so before looking at the Sydney market - Im sure there will be more growth in Brisbane?? Does everyone agree - hope I am right:D

what is it about these areas that you think will give you good capital growth?
or is it the yields you are chasing?

at the time i bought 1800sqmtrs with 2x 3bedroom duplexes on it (dual income) for $355k. Decent yield and nice cheap land, which fingers crossed will go resB at some stage in my lifetime :p

Morayfield being about halfway to the sunshine coast, still have alot of people travelling Bruce Hwy either way To brissy or north for work.

do you guys think that morayfield/deception bay/burpengary.. is still good value? would you buy house and land packages there? acreage?units?

Yes I think they still have good value and have more growth....
But thats only my opinion and you must due your own DD!

I did mine last yr and the houses in Narangba have increased significantly with rents also very strong!

However, in the GC corridor (where I was thinking of buying) they have had even bigger growths but I think they may be nearing their peak more than the North (this inc. Ipswhich etc)

Yes I think they still have good value and have more growth....
But thats only my opinion and you must due your own DD!

I did mine last yr and the houses in Narangba have increased significantly with rents also very strong!

However, in the GC corridor (where I was thinking of buying) they have had even bigger growths but I think they may be nearing their peak more than the North (this inc. Ipswhich etc)

Not sure I agree with you about the Ipswich observation. An article in the real estate section of the Brisbane Courier last weekend that said, Ipswich is undervalued and is predicted to show above average growth this year.

I have two IP's in the Ipswich Shire and the area doesn't show any signs of slowing. I can't comment on the North as I haven't done any research in those areas.

Here is the link to the Ipswich story .......
http://www.qt.com.au/localnews/stor...localnews&thesubsection=&thesecondsubsection=

Martin

Last edited:
I purchased one in Narangba last year and also thinking of another this year around there (or Morayfield/Burpengary etc)

Think I will wait another year or so before looking at the Sydney market - Im sure there will be more growth in Brisbane?? Does everyone agree - hope I am right:D

any difference b/w narangba and morayfield?

Mogul

Ive just gone to contract on a duplex in Morayfield. Also have 1 in Dbay and 2 in Rothwell. All similar distance to Bris, shops and tpt. Great growth last year and can't see why the growth wont be there 08 and 09.

I would stear clear of the house land packages at the moment. Most are around the 350k+ mark. Very difficult to make up front profit or quick capital gains, compared to the established market. THE LAND IS TO DEAR AT THE MOMENT.

any ideas about rental demand in that area? is there shortage or vacancies due to supply of new dwellings being built??
does anyone know the land prices?

Land prices in the Morayfield and caboolture areas are approx 175k to 220k for house and 280k for duplex.

3br duplex SLUG should rent for about 220pw. House 260pw

rough est only

i have 2x 3bed 1bath SLUG duplexes in Morayfield and they rent for 200 each, could probably go up to 215 in a couple of months but they lag a bit behing the general market because they have long term tenants.

The property was valued at 430k (1800 sqmtr's, dual occupancy, resA)

Land prices in the Morayfield and caboolture areas are approx 175k to 220k for house and 280k for duplex.

3br duplex SLUG should rent for about 220pw. House 260pw

rough est only

Land prices sound about right but rents low? I'm building a duplex in Central Lakes in Caboolture and have had rental appraisals for $320 p/w each. Most of the houses in the same estate go for around $330-340 p/w. Land is 950sqm and each duplex 180sqm approx, 4 bed, 2 bath, 2 garage each. My land was 207k in March 2007 but recent duplex lots in the same estate have gone for 310k.

As far as growth in the future - not sure what to expect

Back