Calliope - Gladstone

All,

I have just purchased a property in Calliope Gladstone and wanted to know if anyone else has purchased there recently.

Last edited:
I spoke with a labour hire company today in Gladstone and accomodation is a real issue. Another 3000 workers to arrive in Gladstone before christmas so I dont see how you can go wrong in nearby towns.

My opinion only.

Thanks
Slingshot

Interesting. The number of rentals has actually been increasing in the past few months. At one point there were only 60 rentals available in Gladstone and surrounding suburbs on realestate.com.au, but now there are 170-180. I understand that the opening of the Calliope workers camp has taken some pressure off rentals, at least for now.

Having said that however, my 3 bed house in South Gladstone which is about to be vacated wasn't even listed, I had 2 offers through the agency before it made it to the net. It is fully furnished and renting for $560/week.

If there are 3,000 extra workers coming by Christmas, I would expect most to fill the workers camps first.

Does anyone have visibility of how they are going trying to recruit the 15,000+ workers needed? That is my greatest concern, that they have all these jobs that will create 0% vacancy rates, but only if they are all filled.

Back