Campsie vs Redfern

Hi all,

I've spent so much time reading on this forum without ever registering! Decided to join in on the fun.

I'm looking around on the market for an IP in the 500-700k range.

I've noticed there are quite a few unloved terraces in the high 600K in redfern/newtown but they come along once in a while. Otherwise there are heaps of 2 bdrm units 600-700k, however, I'm not too keen on paying 1-1.5k pq in strata levies!

My REA gave me a tip that Redfern would be a great place to invest in due to its ongoing development.
What do you guys think of Campsie? Houses seem to be around 600-800k and growing

Please discuss!

very very very different demographics and asset class

If u struggle hard u can get a terrace in Redfern and surrounds for 700k which will very likely outperform any of the newer high density units long term in terms of growth.

ta
rolf

Also look at all surrounding suburbs for the bargain.

There are plenty of suburbs in between Campsie and Redfern.

I think a good investment (and what I plan to do with my first PPOR in a few years) is to buy a delapidated terrace in and around Surry Hills/Paddington/Redfern/Newtown/Marrackville/Glebe etc... and slowly make it liveable over time. If for an IP you would need to do the reno straight away but 50-100k would give you 300k+ value add if you do it right so a good prospect if you can afford the holding costs.

Back