Can you drill a hole into a ceramic tile?

without cracking it? Want to replace the shower and a second hole below the first hole a the top of the tiled wall would have to be drilled to install the shower rod.

Also need to put a mirror up over existing tiled wall. Is it possible without having to remove and retile?

Thanks you :)

The drill bit looks like a small spade. Just don't accidently drill the wrong way or you'll damage it. Other wise you can use a normal drill, like a pilot and then put the size you want through the hole.

Wise1,

I've been looking at all your questions, you don't seem to be prepared to get your hands dirty or have a go? Perhaps you're in the wrong game?

I've just done my umpteenth bathroom, drilling into ceramic or porcelain is very simple if you use the right equipment, think it through, do your homework and take your time. Invest in yourself and become wise.

Wise1,

I've been looking at all your questions, you don't seem to be prepared to get your hands dirty or have a go? Perhaps you're in the wrong game?

I've just done my umpteenth bathroom, drilling into ceramic or porcelain is very simple if you use the right equipment, think it through, do your homework and take your time. Invest in yourself and become wise.

There's no game. We've just bought our first house here, we're new to the country and my hubby works full time, with a young child to take care of, I don't really have the time. I don't mind learning in the future, but we're in a hurry and so would rather not attempt any DIY for now. Thanks.

Back