Can you send me your Depreciation Schedule?

Depreciator and bmt must be breathing a sigh of relief that our learned friend doesn't want to pay for a report, I have a tiny hunch that he'd be a nightmare client

ok very successful investor... tell me how can a dump be worth $700k?

OMG! Are you serious? Ever heard of high land value?

You are just using the extremes. instead of typicals.

That's what they want you to feel. Oh you are really unique. Just like everyone else in the world ;)

There are plenty of dumps around worth plenty more than $700K.

Btw I don't need to understand standard deviation my friend, you focus on being the smartest idiot in the room, I'll concentrate on making money

Well you'll find things in life are normally distributed aka bell curve. That means their effective range falls within 3 standard deviations from either side of the mean.

standard%20normal%20distribution.jpg

+/-1 standard deviation covers 68% of everything. That means if you go for the typical or mean then it's close enough which means it's good enough. :D my friend. :D

Well you'll find things in life are normally distributed aka bell curve. That means their effective range falls within 3 standard deviations from either side of the mean.

standard%20normal%20distribution.jpg

+/-1 standard deviation covers 68% of everything. That means if you go for the typical or mean then it's close enough which means it's good enough. :D my friend. :D

Try telling that to the tax man when you are audited.

FL - the example I used earlier was constructed on a property I paid $715k for in 2008. Here is a pic. The old house, if still standing would probably be worth about $900k today.

Do you think that the old house would have similar (though only slightly less) depreciation than the new place? The purchase costs are "close enough so good enough". Yes?

Blacky

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    474.1 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
FL - the example I used earlier was constructed on a property I paid $715k for in 2008. Here is a pic. The old house, if still standing would probably be worth about $900k today.

Do you think that the old house would have similar (though only slightly less) depreciation than the new place? The purchase costs are "close enough so good enough". Yes?

Blacky

715k?????????? for that old house? in 2008? Are you out of your mind? :eek:

I wouldn't give you 19k for it. Looks like those houses that are given away for free on gumtree.

So you're willing to post the address of this house why not share all your reports with your best friend FL??! If they are indeed all uniquely different what's the harm?

I wouldn't give you 19k for it. Looks like those houses that are given away for free on gumtree.

So you're willing to post the address of this house why not share all your reports with your best friend FL??! If they are indeed all uniquely different what's the harm?

We do a land content only purchase for a client once a fortnight

Typically, but not always the homes are not suitable for rent and have a value of minus 10 to 25 k.

The majority of these have been over 500 k, a few over 750 and some even > 1000 k.

The typical buy and hold value of the dwelling on older well established stock is commonly 10 to 20 % of the full value

Ta

Rolf

FL, do you understand that market price is comprised of land value and depreciated value of the improvements (for residential)? The residual value of a house may be negative ie detracts from the block so that the purchaser has to pay to get the house demolished so would adjust the price accordingly (new concept here). The $715k was for the land not just the house but it was the price that was paid to secure the property.

You are just using the extremes. instead of typicals.

That's what they want you to feel. Oh you are really unique. Just like everyone else in the world ;)

:confused: I was going to make a comment about how with all the time spent on this thread, you could have researched, contacted and vetted several professionals to choose one for your needs, but now I can no longer believe that you are simply arrogant and self-important.

This is addressed to everyone else...

please-dont-feed-the-trolls_o_574238.jpg

Back