Canadian's are stupid !!!

We just recently purchased a property with a house and 4 mobile homes on it. It has the name of the previous owner for the Street Name.
We went to our county planning, and requested a name change.We thought we would like something Aussie, as Rob is known as The Aussie.
Well us Canadians are very stupid, you know, and we cannot have a word that is too hard to say or spell.
We are not permitted to have Kangaroo, Koala, Platypus, Boomerang etc names, as these are too difficult.

We are trying to think of something that will be approved
It has to end in Place, Court, Way or Lane.
We have come up with a few but are open to suggestions
Joey Place
Melbourne Place
The Aussie Place

Help???

Leave The Place!

Forget The Place! Ha!

Im not being helpful one bit am I...but its a beautiful Friday morning in Sunny Qld, one cant help but lose the plot every now and then!

We are not permitted to have Kangaroo, Koala, Platypus, Boomerang etc names, as these are too difficult.

We are trying to think of something that will be approved
It has to end in Place, Court, Way or Lane.
We have come up with a few but are open to suggestions
Joey Place
Melbourne Place
The Aussie Place

LOL! If Koala is too difficult, they'll never go for Melbourne. What about Wombat Way. That should be easy enough. It's spelt the same as it sounds, so phonetically they should be able to handle that.:D

What is it with Yanks and Mounties not being able to understand our accent?

I worked for a very brief period in a public golf course proshop in L.A, and had to tell this older guy one day what he had to pay for an item he had just bought.

It was something like $12.78 (they still use pennies :eek:)

Now, we are talking in the context of money, and numbers.

He could not understand the pronunciation of my "8", and then asked me what I had said.

So I repeated the word eight, and he asked what "aiyt" meant.

I mean, come on.

Their ears aren't trained to hear our slant obviously, but worse still, they can't think even minutely laterally and work it out.

They should call the Continent; "North Myopia" not North America.

Marc, i agree. I've had a few incidents over the years over there. One in particular i was trying to buy a a postal tube in NYC post office to send some posters home.

The lady at the counter couldnt understand my phrasing of the word 'tube'. After me describing it with my hands and what its for for about 2 minutes she finally got it.

"Oh, you mean a TOOOOOB?" HAHAHA!!.......yes a tooob....she had the coolest Brooklyn accent tho.

I've had more success in non English speaking countries.

REM had a song years ago called "Ignoreland" that was about their own country.

Why don't you name the street after the one in Neighbors. Cant remember the name of it. That could be a laugh.

From the Australian Tourism ad: wherethebloodyhellareyou
which reminds me of the tribe of indians from F-Troop (was that Canadian?)
wherethef$#ckarewe

The last one might be good (not Aussie) but especially if ppl get lost :)

Those words aren't difficult. :confused:
I would have suggest Billabong Way, but know doubt that would be too hard, lol.

Emu Place? Still too hard...
Possum Place?
Gumtree Way?
Dinkum Drive ... too hard
Lolly Way
Down Under Way ... that's easy enough!
Dingo Lane
Dinky-di Place
:)

Drop-Bear Lane? :p

Shame that "Kangaroo Court" is off limits - sounds like that's what you're dealing with and it'd be strangely appropriate...

What is it with Yanks and Mounties not being able to understand our accent?

The lady at the counter couldnt understand my phrasing of the word 'tube'. After me describing it with my hands and what its for for about 2 minutes she finally got it.
Also happened to me trying to order a beer of all things.

Waitress couldn't understand my request. I had to put on a fake American accent to be understood. Should've just asked for a Bud, might have been more successful.

Regards
Marty

Oh man..you couldn't drink Bud....i still cant figure out how they get the cats to squat over the stubbies with that stuff.

I had to put on a fake American accent to be understood. Should've just asked for a Bud, might have been more successful.

Regards
Marty

Inahurry
adore Canadians

Waltzing Matilda Place/Court/Way/Lane?

The Lucky Place?

Lucky Court etc?

Ned Kelly Court?

Ozzy Place

Ozada

Canozzy Place

One from Mr OO.... Slim Dusty Lane

Rudd Place

Whitlam Court (i is pulling ya leg here)

Pulling Ya Leg Court

CRIKEY Court/Place

Pavlova Way (the kiwis might dispute this!...and their correct:p)

Pollywaffle Court

Vegemight Court...(so we don't end up in Court :) )

Uggboot Lane

Mates Place

Geeday Way

Hoo roo Court

Gotta fly, have fun with this! I am.:):)

Pity you can't use some words. "Kangaroo Court" would have been good.

Bathurst Circuit?

Lois Lane

Half Moon Crescent

Gunna Get Court

Back