Canberra buses

Hello all
Finally moving to Canberra on 10th July..
Can anyone recommend a suburb suitable for taking a bus ride to Barton ?
I am leaning towards Woden valley as the bus ride is not more than 20-25 mins to barton ( kings & national circuit ).
Dont want to rides more than 30 mins :)

Would appreciate any suggestions ?

Public transport in Canberra is pretty bad.

Anything in Garran, Hughes or Deakin will get you there in 1 bus and quite quickly (will also be expensive to live there).

Alternatively you can use the park and ride - park for free at woden and catch the bus - maybe 15 min bus ride.

http://www.action.act.gov.au/routes/25_225_campbell_park

Another option would be to take the very regular bus from Civic to Woden - - depending where you are working in Barton you can get off near the Hyatt and walk through the park past Old Parliament House. This would be a 15 minute walk.

You could catch a bus from either Woden or Civic and it would go every 5-10 minutes. Probably the most regular bus in Canberra.

Somewhere around Woden sounds ideal.

Are you willing/able to ride to work? Our public transport isn't that great but it's not a bad town for riding around. Winter is a bit painful though.

Cheers

Jamie

Thanks Guys
will continue search in Woden area.

yes - would love to bike and therefore taking it with me when moving...
Melbourne is not a very bike friendly city - looking forward to ride to work :)

Thanks Guys
will continue search in Woden area.

yes - would love to bike and therefore taking it with me when moving...
Melbourne is not a very bike friendly city - looking forward to ride to work :)

In that case just ride your pushy. Woden area to Barton shouldn't take too long.

Buy some decent gloves, etc :)

Cheers

Jamie

Hello all
Finally moving to Canberra on 10th July..
Can anyone recommend a suburb suitable for taking a bus ride to Barton ?
I am leaning towards Woden valley as the bus ride is not more than 20-25 mins to barton ( kings & national circuit ).
Dont want to rides more than 30 mins :)

Would appreciate any suggestions ?

Why not live locally? Kingston, Manuka, Narabundah and surrounding suburbs are lovely.

Back