Canberra Dinner

I've picked this out of the thread "Canberra lunch" and made it a new thread at Ruby's request, so that it can be referenced in the calendar.

Date: Saturday 7th June
Time: 6PM
Venue: Viva Zapata, Sydney Building, Civic

Mr Ed is keeping track of numbers- if you haven't already, email [email protected] and in the subject line put "canberra lunch and AKA"

GeoffW,

thanks for that geoff, BTW geoff I don't have you on their yet!!!

I have 9 people that have emailed me saying they would like to know when we have up and coming luncheons/dinners etc

If I can get a bunch of names and everytime we arrange something we can shot out an email to all.

Sat the 7th suites us.

Mr Ed

PS Geoff I'll let you know numbers.

i would be interested in any groups meeting in the canberra area. Any information you could give me would be appreciated (location, time, price etc). I am just new to this area and would like to meet some likeminded(?) people
Thans
Peter Hodge

Hi Geoffw,

Venue: Viva Zapata, Sydney Building, Civic???
Could you please give me a street name where is the place cos i'll be down in canberra that day.

Thanks

Regards
Jerry

Hi Jerry,

We'd love to see you.

The street is Northbourne Avenue. The restaurant is almost next to London Circuit- on the East side of Northbourne.

Let Mr Ed know your booking details so that we can make sure the booking is sufficient.

Wait a Minute !

Is anybody aware that The WALLABIES kick off against Ireland at about 6:30 pm this Saturday ??

I guess I'm not going to become finacially independent rooting for the Green & Gold and I could probably tape it, but . . .

Any chance of a reschedule at this short notice ??? :D

Pedro

Originally posted by Pedro61 I guess I'm not going to become finacially independent rooting for the Green & Gold and I could probably tape it, but . . .
Rooting for g & g? Good grief, what are you doing? And does Mrs Pedro know about this?

My feeling is it's a little late for a change- but I'm an AFL person :D

Any other thoughts?

I can bring a VHS tape tonight if that helps!

My sister, many years ago, in Victoria, scheduled her wedding on VFL Grand Final day. And it was a dry wedding reception- though there was a bar next door. It was amazing the number of guests with earphones, and the number who ducked out next door. (I'm not sure how many just didn't turn up).

See you all at the dinner! (We have 12 booked).

A great evening- thanks everyone for coming.

we expected 12, but got 20- including 5 from Sydney (Jas, AceyDeucey, Jerry Maguire, and the surprise visitors, MichaelG and Yuch.

I certainly learnt a lot. Thanks to all who came:
Mr Ed & Rachel
Steve K & Mrs Steve K ]sorry, I've forgotten the name
Julie & Simon Mack
Vlad
Littlemaze & Douglas
MichaelG & Yuch
AceyDeucy & Jas
Savannah100 (whose partner didn't come because he was renovating- the only acceptable excuse)
John Chan
Jerry Maguire
Pedro61, Patty and children
MrsW and MonicaW

Have I forgotten anyone?

I've uploaded some pictures-
21Zapatas1-med.jpg

21Zapatas3-med.jpg

There's more over on http://www.somersoft.com/forums/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=503&password=

Edited- phots were moved to where they should have been- in the meeting point gallery, rather than my private collection!

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the photos geoff........they're fantastic :)

Looks like everyone had a great time! So when is the next one??

Ruby

Hi Ruby,

Discussions have started about the next meeting.

BTW, I forgot to mention.

. Higher res pix are available if anyone wants (I redcued 75% to fit on forum)
. I can remove a pic fora small cost :D

Back