Canberra meet up?

Geoff W is right, we all used to meet up, back in the "freestyler" days in the early 2000s then CRIN started but I was busy divorcing 'the rodent' so didnt meet up much but those days are all behind me and I'd love to meet up with some local SS people so count me in.

Ok! i will work out a date and time tonight , as i will be rushing off to work in a minute , i will PM those on my freinds list the address and details, :D

Hi Geoff, the book? well, sort of, I was soooo busy with Queanbeyan Council that I didnt get the time to progress it much futher but I finished up there about 3 weeks ago and have plunged into working at home doing planning work for some of my former applicants who have approached me to write a heritage impact statement, write up a "Seniors Living SEPP" report etc. I even got to design house alts and adds for a nice young couple so its been fun.

However, I'm probably converting the book into a website/ebook (and possible seminar thingy eventually but thats MILES away so no laughing). There is definitely a need to expose the "insider" aspects of town planning and help people out.

I've been teaching myself website creation and internet marketing. I went to a very cheap seminar in Sydney about it a few months ago and, instead of paying $4000+ to this hyperactive guru guy, I found all the stuff he teaches free online from all different sources... its become so much fun that I have set myself a sort of personal challenge to see how much I can progress for free !!!!! hehe, then I'll clue you all into it for free too :) Sadly, I'm about to pay for an article complier as the good ones do cost but only $47 US

I'll keep you posted on the progress and put a link on here to any planning website I make.

I'd still be more than happy to give free advice to any of the forumites anytime.

One of my good friends is also creating a computer program whereby you will be able to do your planning reports for any develoment in Canberra online and I have partly funded that so it should be amazing for the developers and small architecture practices here to just log in the check the boxes and email the finished report the the planning authority.

Last edited:
Hi Geoff, the book? well, sort of, I was soooo busy with Queanbeyan Council that I didnt get the time to progress it much futher but I finished up there about 3 weeks ago and have plunged into working at home doing planning work for some of my former applicants who have approached me to write a heritage impact statement, write up a "Seniors Living SEPP" report etc. I even got to design house alts and adds for a nice young couple so its been fun.

However, I'm probably converting the book into a website/ebook (and possible seminar thingy eventually but thats MILES away so no laughing). There is definitely a need to expose the "insider" aspects of town planning and help people out.

I've been teaching myself website creation and internet marketing. I went to a very cheap seminar in Sydney about it a few months ago and, instead of paying $4000+ to this hyperactive guru guy, I found all the stuff he teaches free online from all different sources... its become so much fun that I have set myself a sort of personal challenge to see how much I can progress for free !!!!! hehe, then I'll clue you all into it for free too :) Sadly, I'm about to pay for an article complier as the good ones do cost but only $47 US

I'll keep you posted on the progress and put a link on here to any planning website I make.

I'd still be more than happy to give free advice to any of the forumites anytime.

One of my good friends is also creating a computer program whereby you will be able to do your planning reports for any develoment in Canberra online and I have partly funded that so it should be amazing for the developers and small architecture practices here to just log in the check the boxes and email the finished report the the planning authority.

I am sure it will be good for all the private certifieres as well!

OK! every one knows about the "Meet like minded people story" and so far i have spent time typing, in broken english ,trying to meet like minded people but it realy is not meeting them Whilst we are sitting at a PC, so i realy want to get to know you lot, especialy those in canberra.
You all might think that im a bit of a tosser , but you will never know untill we all get together.
So the burb is chapman and the date is JULY 4, i will try to PM the ones on my freinds list the address , but fell free to include others i may have missed!
partners and kids are most welcome too!
Cheers craigb.

I have pm most , I think? but if you could RSVP on numbers of adults and kids that would be easier to organise , ie plates! wine , etc etc .....:)

Hey Craig.

Thanks for organising that.

Being in Subway I can never plan a date any time. I only need on
e employee to call in sick to make it impossible to do anything else but cover a shift myself.

I would like to come but I cannot make a commitment. Sorry.

I can probably only let you know on the day. Sorry (-:

Geoff

Being in Subway I can never plan a date any time. I only need on
e employee to call in sick to make it impossible to do anything else but cover a shift myself.
I would like to come but I cannot make a commitment. Sorry.
I can probably only let you know on the day. Sorry (-:
Geoff

There was a time when people would say to me "You run your own bizness, you can do what you want"....

I have been lurking around here for a while and i am keen to catchup and perhaps regain some motivation from you guys, i have a very young family so the investing plans have been on hold for the last couple of years. I will send you a PM craig.

Peter

I would like more RSVP's please so i can do some sort of organising, i am thinking of getting the spit roast professionals in , so i need some more CONFIRMATION , Thankyou,:D

Unless you prefer eat fresh?:rolleyes:

Craig

My advice is don't cater.

Been there done that.

The meeting is about property investment.

If you can provide a venue, a time, and people that's all you need.

Back