Can't Fully Load Forum Homepage

For some reason, I can't fully load the Forum Homepage, the one with all the photos across the top. When I try, it looks OK, but the loading barometer at the foot of my ie7 says it's not finished loading, and any attempt to click on anything in the page creates a freeze, "Control+Alt+Delete" says program not responding. Only button that works is the closeing cross at top right hand corner of the page.

Alternatively, I can access the Forum via a link in an email I received from the Forum about a thread I have subscribed to. Then I can move about the Forum using the pull down menu at the foot of the page. But again, if I try to go to the main page - freeze.

I've listed all forms of the Forum address in my firewall programs as a friendly.

Anyone got any ideas ? Any suggestions as posts or PMs would be most appreciated.

crest133

IE7 is a BETA test program, If you arent a paid tester DONT use it, If your employment or income depend upon your pc dont use ANY beta test program, particularly IE7 and Windows Defender

Bugs
Exist
Try
Another program

May be an error in the way this unfinished program handles php

May be a corrupted part of the page stored in temporary internet files cache preventing loading, and preventing later correct version replacing the corrupt file,
in IE
tools
Internet options
General
Delete files
[X] delete all offline content
OK
OK
may correct the bug
Reinstalling IE6 would be a very good idea at this point

Firefox

I had similar issues with IE6 earlier in the year.

I installed Firefox and have not had any problems since.

Regards
A

Thank you very much AlmostBob, Jamie & AEF.
I had ie7 installed after the problem began, but since have noticed a few glitches with it which I didn't have with ie6, so I'll reinstal ie6.
Will also seriously consider Firefox after your recommendations and a few others.

If there are any other suggestions, they would be appreciated.

It's so annoying when your favourite site won't work. :eek:

cheers

crest133

Corrupt files in TIF, temporary internet files, is a "common fault" in Internet Explorer, so much that it is often the first response given in any ms helpgroup.
Clearing the TIF is worth a try anyway.
For MS help try these newsgroups
WinXP gen
Win2000 Gen
WinME Gen
Win98/se Gen
The links are news:// links, and will open your newsreader Outlook Express, thunderbird, whatever. to the MicroSoft help groups for each OS, there are thousands of others that may be more specific to the fault but OS Gen will allow you to get the questions answered. They are user forums, like this one, monitored part time by MS employees, and all the time by msMVPs, so you might need to ask your Q, and go back a little later to see the answers

Back