Capital city you would invest your money?

Hi All,

With a budget of $400k, I would like to know what your thoughts are in which capital city you would invest your money. I’m more interested in Sydney and Melbourne. And why would you invest in that chosen city?

Now I would expect more Sydney residents to say invest in Sydney & Melbourne residents say invest in Melbourne, but would be great if honest & helpful comments are posted.

Cheers:)
George

Brisbane...

Or SEQ in general. Then Melbourne, then Sydney in that order. Forget Sydney, its a basket case. OK, I'm having a down Sydney day after the recent fiasco that is our state government...

But as Nathan says, DYOR.

Cheers,
Michael

Brisbane...

Or SEQ in general. Then Melbourne, then Sydney in that order. Forget Sydney, its a basket case. OK, I'm having a down Sydney day after the recent fiasco that is our state government...

But as Nathan says, DYOR.

Cheers,
Michael

My thoughts is that the market is so much in a mess, people need to be very cautious & allot of research involved, which makes it confusing. I just think property investing has changed from the previous years & new tactics are required for the upcoming years.

Hi Michael,

If you don't mind me asking you, in which city do you have most of your IP's?

Cheers
George

I would go with Western Sydney atm. I think it will lead the charge in a couple of years, when growth returns, until then the yields are looking pretty good and improving. Oh and i live in Melbourne;)

With a completely fresh start right now, I'd pick Sydney and research research research. However personally I'm sticking with Brisbane for the moment just because I know the area already.

I think you could do well (or poorly) in Melbourne or Sydney atm. I think its a matter of gettimg to know some areas really really well and spotting bargains when they arise.

Hi Michael,

If you don't mind me asking you, in which city do you have most of your IP's?

Cheers
George
Hi George,

Sydney....

On the Northern Beaches to be precise, and its only 1 IP at present but a bit of an expensive one and it is a development site for a MUH development. Gross Realisation on completion around $2.7M.

Cheers,
Michael

Michael

Please don't swear .. Gross real..... :cool:

I'd go Sydney ( and probably will be soon )

I wouldn't go Western Suburbs at this stage. Western suburbs always follows the rest of Sydney and there's been no reason that I can see that it will change. In the last property cycle , west sydney went sideways for five years while more centrally located places went up 50 % in the same period .
It is cheaper , but that's for a reason.

I'd be looking Northern beaches , Lower north Shore and any where inner city ( East or west ) . I don't know Southern sydney that well so I don't worry about it. There's enough variation in the areas I've mentioned.

Cliff

Michael

Please don't swear .. Gross real..... :cool:

I'd go Sydney ( and probably will be soon )

I wouldn't go Western Suburbs at this stage. Western suburbs always follows the rest of Sydney and there's been no reason that I can see that it will change. In the last property cycle , west sydney went sideways for five years while more centrally located places went up 50 % in the same period .
It is cheaper , but that's for a reason.

I'd be looking Northern beaches , Lower north Shore and any where inner city ( East or west ) . I don't know Southern sydney that well so I don't worry about it. There's enough variation in the areas I've mentioned.

Cliff

welcome back :)

Back