Car Sale - Interesting.

If someone comes and say they want a test ride, I don't think I can say no?
And I don't think I would want to sit on the bike of my bike during the test ride.
Given the skill level of the rider, if he/she say have a little incident, how will I be covered?

Thoughts??

Has anyone overcome this sort of thing and have sold a bike?

I read from somewhere that people take upfront cash for test rides, anything happens, you keep the cash? But I don't think anyone would come and hand over 5 digit cash to you for a test ride?

Make them sign something before the test ride. If they crash it they pay you the listed price and can take the bike. Then just follow them with a car during the test drive.

Cheers

Andrew

Make them sign something before the test ride. If they crash it they pay you the listed price and can take the bike. Then just follow them with a car during the test drive.

Cheers

Andrew

If a super bike wants to lose a car, I can tell you this, its not hard at all.
It's my bike and I know

And signing a piece of paper does nothing really, does it?

If a super bike wants to lose a car, I can tell you this, its not hard at all.
It's my bike and I know

I am not doubting that but if I was testing driving a bike I wouldn't want someone on the back with me. But then again I wouldn't disappear with it... for too long :rolleyes:

If you take down their license number, verify their name/address and make them sign, you can sue them for the cost of the bike if they do crash it or damage it.

Cheers

Andrew

If I have to turn away potential buyers due to accepting the deposit, then I would keep the deposit.

But it would be a minimal amount - say $500.

I wouldn't allow any "subject to finance" clauses, but that's stated upfront and they have the choice whether they want to leave the deposit.

Deposit is non-refundable if subject to finance clause,250 deposit and or 2% of the purchase price,whichever is greater and B & P on your car comes back quite bad.

Seriously though i would have refunded half if they couldn't get finance,As per dattos post and to add,you want to have insurance if they get narky and want to payback by a special service on your car.

Guys, on the same note of selling motorcycles.

I am currently considering selling my super bike.
Now, how do you go about selling?

I mean, super bikes are clearly higher risk compared to a car.

And I don't think I would want to sit on the bike of my bike during the test ride.
Given the skill level of the rider, if he/she say have a little incident, how will I be covered?

Thoughts??

I read from somewhere that people take upfront cash for test rides, anything happens, you keep the cash? But I don't think anyone would come and hand over 5 digit cash to you for a test ride?

Ring your insurance company and ask them what is acceptable when selling your bike, might be the same as what you need for an accident claim usually name, address, license number.

I'd also verify they have a bike license too and they should have gear, helmet, jacket etc.

Guys, on the same note of selling motorcycles.

I am currently considering selling my super bike.
Now, how do you go about selling?

I mean, super bikes are clearly higher risk compared to a car.

Thoughts??

LoneWolf,I have not sold a bike but have sold a high performance car.

List,get a RWC and state no tyre kickers or test riders.Your super bike will sell as is.

Back