Carina, Carindale, Carina Heights as PPOR

I know we mostly discuss investment properties but are these 4152 suburbs in Brisbane any good to live in?

Am looking to buy something in the area soon. Budget 550 to 700k. Anyone done research on growth prospects?

All i know is these are 10km from cbd and bloody expensive

I know we mostly discuss investment properties but are these 4152 suburbs in Brisbane any good to live in?

Am looking to buy something in the area soon. Budget 550 to 700k. Anyone done research on growth prospects?

4152 comprises of camp hill, carina, carina heoghts, and Carindale, spanning 7 to 10km from the city.

My take on these suburbs is that they are good -appeal to a wide audience, mostly families. Safe, friendly,and convenient suburbs. They are, Imo, good value; they are not bulimba, ascot etc which are very expensive.

There are a variety of homes, some high end[especially in Carindale]which will be outta reach, but most of it should be within your budget. Look at median prices and you will see that a lot will fall within budget.

If you have the will and means to do reno, id look for an old house in that area with plenty of land and do it up. If not id seek a townhouse. Apartments are also a decent option as you wont find large complexes.

These are not suburbs that will show explosive growth- rather consistently solid steady performers. Their convenience, entry prices, and proximity to the CBD appeals to a wide range of people.

Thanks.

http://m.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-carindale-118767635

The above is small but high on affordability (for me) and potential to expand. It is almost in carina.

Did these areas suffer major price shocks ie more than 10% in the GFC?

I don't know what happened to these areas during the GFC but id strongly doubt that there was a big decline. Generally, if the fundamentals are in place [location, etc] then the blow from events like the GFC are softened. These are not speculative high risk suburbs, rather more established ones.

I really like the Carina, Carina Heights areas as they are going through lots of gentrification/ renovation. The houses area also mostly timber which makes for easy moving, raising etc for development or renovation. Carindale is largely brick.

Carina & Carina Heights are really going well at the moment. As Camp Hill moves and gets more expensive they are picking up as a result.

A few pockets of LMR you would need to keep an eye out for, unless you are hoping to develop it in the future, but most of the LMR houses will be priced outside of your budget in the current market anyway.

Still a lot of large subdivisions going on in the Carindale area, meaning that there will always be a more modern house available in the market, and the brick homes that were built over a decade or more are really starting to show their age as the new ones are built.

to close the loop, purchased one in Carindale....well more towards Carina/Carina Heights but suburb is listed as Carindale.

Close to school and westfield carindale. but lots of traffic lights getting to garden city!

Congrats, I'm a few kms down the road in Mansfield. This whole south/south-eastern area has being growing solidly in the last 2 years. Carina/Mansfield both up around 10-12% last year, not sure about Carindale's growth but I think a purchase near the westfield and you can't go wrong (it's a bus station too).

PS. Mansfield avgerage days on market (to sell a house) = 23 days. Just braggin :p

I own an IP in Carina since 2000 and I couldn't be happier, with the CG and rental is ok too. The proximity to CBD makes it more attractive, the gentrification of land redevelopment too. It is probably more affordable than Carseldine but it is next door and I like that concept too...
I have never lived there but I thing future CG prospects are good there, so I am keeping this IP for sure! Just check what plans the government may have there, but 7 kms from CBD, makes it attractive for me...

I own an IP in Carina since 2000 and I couldn't be happier, with the CG and rental is ok too. The proximity to CBD makes it more attractive, the gentrification of land redevelopment too. It is probably more affordable than Carseldine but it is next door and I like that concept too...
I have never lived there but I thing future CG prospects are good there, so I am keeping this IP for sure! Just check what plans the government may have there, but 7 kms from CBD, makes it attractive for me...

Carina is nowhere near Carseldine. Did you mean Carindale?

im sure you meant Carindale not Carseldine....

but anyway, yes I always thought of those areas where you can get good CG and good enough rental yields. Tough to find areas that can offer both.

dunno what plans the govt has in store, but id expect eventually the eastern busway will be extended to Capalaba through carina, carina heights, and Carindale.
I think they are already planning this. These areas are seeing more pop growth so eventually they will do it. my guess is an announcement to do so in the next 2 years.

Carina is nowhere near Carseldine. Did you mean Carindale?

Sorry yes, I meant Carindale. I own few in Carseldine too so no wonder I get mixed up! I still like Carina better than Carindale in terms of price you pay.

Perhaps, similar concept to owning in Wynnum West as opposed to Manly or Wynnum, as these surrounding suburbs are so much more expansive, or as example in Sydney, buying in Manly Vale as opposed in Manly. From time and experience, when there's not to much land left for development the surrounding suburbs tend to follow in price, this is a guide only.
It has happened here in Sydney, where Balmain and Annandale became quite expensive so the crow follows close buy, Leichhardt increased in value and other surrounding suburbs.....

Sorry yes, I meant Carindale. I own few in Carseldine too so no wonder I get mixed up! I still like Carina better than Carindale in terms of price ...

i tend to agree. I bought in Carindale but Carina price as it is very near the Carina boundary.

4152s are all in demand. The only thing i dislike is the number of traffic lights. While a 10km road distance to cbd, i can cover 17km from Underwood in same time due to motorway!

Back