Carparks/Carspaces

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has invested in carspaces/carparks and what the yield is?
I am looking for a high yielding income producing investment.

What are the things to look out for when buying a carpark?

Regards Jason.

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has invested in carspaces/carparks and what the yield is?
I am looking for a high yielding income producing investment.

Regards Jason.

I'd probably only be able to chip in small advice.

A thing to look out for would be area's of high employment and limited space eg. CBD's as this creates a demand for them, i believe generally a company may lease them off you for their employee's.

Their may be a strata type fee as well and council fee, look into those. But you would want something in the 8/9% region atleast, presuming you are using equity backed by resi property so you got the cheap rates on burrowing

I'd probably only be able to chip in small advice.

A thing to look out for would be area's of high employment and limited space eg. CBD's as this creates a demand for them, i believe generally a company may lease them off you for their employee's.

Their may be a strata type fee as well and council fee, look into those. But you would want something in the 8/9% region atleast, presuming you are using equity backed by resi property so you got the cheap rates on burrowing

Hi Ridin-High,

Thanks for your reply. Your ideas are helpful regarding the strata fees and council rates/charges etc. I was thinking of a yield at least 8-9% and preferably 10% as I am planning to use equity backed by residential property.

I shall keep looking into it.

Regards Jason.

Hi Jingo,

My partner and I have one in the Paramount centre in Melbourne. Im sure we pay rates and water charges. There is also a small charge for the sinking fund maybe $50 a year. There is a small amount of depreciation to deduct.

It was purchased 9 years ago for 60k with no payment needed for 2 years. Returns about $4800 a year. The lease is up in Dec this year so im not real sure what will happen they (centre management) have an option of another 10 years but I would imagine they will try to get the rent on it down......................not sure about this I just have a feeling.

doing one in the bris cbd now - cost 45k return about 12%. Resi Backed security. The main thing they're concerned about is the tenant and if they're going to go bust or not but they've sorted this out in the lease agreement.

The 20 car spaces That Windsor Plaza Hickson Rd owns and rented to business clients last year are now all empty after job losses around the Sydney CBD. They have turned them over to Visitor parking spaces for the unit owners until things improve.
Hopefully Melbourne is doing better.

The wife and I own 7 in the CBD. Came 'free' with the property. When we bought it 18 months ago, they were renting for $ 350 per carbay per month.

We just rent reviewed them, and the Tenant now pays us $ 620 per carbay per month.

52K per annum, or a grand a week for a lump of asphalt out in the open. Too easy. Can't wait for the next review.

Make sure they are included and attached with a nice big property, then you don't have to pay for them as such.

i was looking into a vacant plot of land in the Osborne Park Commercial area.

i ws just going to asphalt it and charge $8.00 a day (automated) per bay - i worked out i could get 55 carbays on it with some landscaping and shade trees.

it a gold idea - but i was young and had ZERO cash. making $440 a day on a full carpark (trust me it'd be FULL - so many cars were sideswiped by trucks in those little streets) was $2200 a week which was CF+ by about $1200pw at the old 1999 prices.

*sigh* .....hindsight....

i was looking into a vacant plot of land in the Osborne Park Commercial area.

i ws just going to asphalt it and charge $8.00 a day (automated) per bay - i worked out i could get 55 carbays on it with some landscaping and shade trees.

it a gold idea - but i was young and had ZERO cash. making $440 a day on a full carpark (trust me it'd be FULL - so many cars were sideswiped by trucks in those little streets) was $2200 a week which was CF+ by about $1200pw at the old 1999 prices.

*sigh* .....hindsight....

Was that anywhere near Jon Sanders Drive by any chance? There is a MASSIVE shortage of car parking for Hasler Road at the moment...problem is, land in Osborne Park is a little too exy for that use at the moment.

sure was - in front of the new Dale Alcock building there. i used to live on Herdsman Parade andused to walk past it every day thru that little park next to the Montesori.

Where to find?

Hi

Just wondering whether the yields are gross or net of all expenses.
Also, where are they advertised? Have Google but no luck unless none for sale.
Also, is it better to get them managed by a professional?

Thanks.

Back