Castle Hill reno

I like the furniture staging. It makes a huge difference to the photos and I'm sure peoples' perception of the property. Apparently staging a property will give you an average of a 10% higher price (not sure how they work that out though) and will sell in 50% less time. I don't know who came up with these stats but I've heard them a number of times so I guess there is something in it!

When did David Choy go to McGraths?

Hehe Brian... about 2 yrs ago or so now. He's still the same though ;)

Nice reno but I've seen better in the area quite frankly... do you have some type of attachment to the property Success, ownership or otherwise?

Yes staged furniture certainly worth the $$$ in my opinion, in MOST properties. All depends on other features of the home (eg: nearby power lines won't be overlooked by hired wicker chairs, no matter how cute or trendy :D)

Umm, what renovation? as there are no pre-renovation photos for comparison.

It appears to be a lick of paint, and some screens. The funiture staging though is helpful. Earth shattering reno or worthy of a 'wow'? I don't think so.

The video is rubbish but I;ll give McGrath one thing, they know how to present properties. I'm surprised David "Snake" Choy is still around.

The total cost for the reno was circa $250,000 this price included new mains into the road and ofcourse the raise/re-stump and subdivision expenses (we split the block into to).

It was virtually a rebuild the property should have been condemned but we were building 9 units (www.sianamanly.com.au) next door and didnt want to get the locals offside by demo'ing a "known" character home in the area.

Now that's a Reno. Wonder what it cost to get up to mark?

Back