Cat "Removal"

I'll admit it upfront.
I'm a dog person.

Now onto the fun.

Two of my neighbours have cats
Over the last six months or so, one of the cats - I dont know which one - has taken a liking to poop all over my front yard.
Not just little poos but also non-solid brown splatters which Im having a hell of a time getting removed even with my karcher.

So I am trying to find out a way to stop this. I was thinking of some stomach stuff wrapped up with tuna but that is a bit mean really.

Baiting, trapping... or just get a trap and stick it out on the front lawn and not set it to freak out the neighbours...

any thoughts?

Ohg!!!

I have exactly the same situation. I love dogs and my neighbour have 2 huge cats that POO in my garden too and it stinks. We have tried Bottles with water as someone said the shine or something scares them off and we tried pepper all in the yard but that didnt work. I dont know how to get rid of them either !!!!!!! HELP!!!!

I am not a cat lover; we just inherited one. She uses a kitty litter tray inside, and it doesnt smell! And it is always buried. If she goes in the garden it is never on lawn, but in dirt so she can bury it. If you havent seen the cat in action, are you sure it isnt a dog? Now their deposits really stink!

Our cat used to hate getting her paws wet; now she wont even move when I water the lawn over her.

That is unusual cat behaviour. They usually bury what they do.

Have you seen the cat in action?

By the way I'm a cat person

I see them running away from the front and around at night. They dont come in the back yard as my dog would eat it. They caught one a few years back - it didnt turn out too well for the cat having a rottie and a cattle dog cornering it - we'll just say the cat problem stopped after that.

Its either a cat or maybe a possum but I dont think its a possum. I know its not a roo because the droppings are different.

I wonder, would some tuna and laxative mixed together work? In the hopes that when it goes home it gets stuck inside and kerblamo all over the owners carpet.:D

If you get possums and roos then it might even be another wild critter like a fox. It just doesn't sound like cat poop.

When I lived in England I used to keep birds of prey, I kept an Indian Eagle owl in my back yard and as it couldn't fly (crippled wing) it had the run of the yard, these birds stand a couple of feet tall and have amazing strength in their talons.

So anyway one day when I was in the house I heard some ear piercing screaming going on in the back yard - yep she had bagged herself a puddy cat, methinks it came into the yard and fancied a spot of birdie for lunch not expecting the shoe to be on the other foot!

Maybe you should get yourself one for the front yard.

Attachments

• species-Bubo-bengalensis-3.jpg
    species-Bubo-bengalensis-3.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 55
sick cat

That is a cat, but it is a very sick cat.

We used to have one that did that as well in our yard. Horrible mangy black thing with cr@p all on it's moulting fur. Nearly dead but still managed to drag itself into our yard, have a dump and then out again.

Eventually it died a slow painful death from the parasites. I think it was very cruel, but the people that owned it were low and didn't care.

For a cat to have the runs like that it probably has parasites. I would report the owners to the local RSPCA and you may find some action there.

I don't think they are taking care of them properly for there to be more than 1 or 2 cats around.

cats

definately cats. There are 2 of them they fight at my window and sit on the fences and i have caught it pooing. My dog is tiny so i can tell the difference between their poos if u want to know that. It STINKS!!! MY FRONT YARD STINKS!!!! My dog isnt allowed in front yard only back and back yard doesnt stink.

Back