CBA to drop standard var. rate by .21%

CBA will drop rate by .21% from 8.53% to 8.32% and for those with 500K plus on the wealth package you can add a .60% discount makes for 7.72% :)

Yup. Announced last Friday. Wealth package discount can be better or worse than that .60% depending on your borrowings.

I was thinking about going with the wealth package but i only have 290k with the CBA. So they wouldnt drop it further under 500k? I wonder if it would even be worth going with the wealth package. I have a personal loan which is 9k and i am in the process of buying a house which is 280k and thats all so maybe wouldnt be worth while.

I can't remember the figure off hand anymore, I posted on SS somewhere in the last week. From memory Wealth Package starts with borrowings over $150k and I think that's 0.40% off variable, can't remember the increments from there.

I can't remember the figure off hand anymore, I posted on SS somewhere in the last week. From memory Wealth Package starts with borrowings over $150k and I think that's 0.40% off variable, can't remember the increments from there.

On the down side, no more package discounts for Low Doc, therefore effective increase of .50% or so.

Spot on TF, which sucks. But I believe current borrowings will remain on the discount which is important - still awaiting confirmation on that.

If you're low doc <60% LVR you still get the Wealth discount, but that aint me! :D

I'm only paying 7.83% atm...

How so?

That new rate is for new customers who have over 500K to spend, or people switching back to variable rate, even better if you ave over 750K as its a .70% discount.

I have 2 loans with CBA both Fixed at 8,19% for one more year (500k+), was told it would cost about $7000 to break the loan, not worth my bother until rates hit around 6.5%, better off just riding out the remaining year. No point adding on the extra 7k onto my loans!!

How so?

That new rate is for new customers who have over 500K to spend, or people switching back to variable rate, even better if you ave over 750K as its a .70% discount.

I have 2 loans with CBA both Fixed at 8,19% for one more year (500k+), was told it would cost about $7000 to break the loan, not worth my bother until rates hit around 6.5%, better off just riding out the remaining year. No point adding on the extra 7k onto my loans!!

Hi
Just a thought you might want to follow up on - but if rates go to 6.5 and you're looking at breaking then, then your exit costs will likely increase proportionally

Also you dont cap them to your loans, you usually have to have the $ available somewhere to pay for the adjustment.

To cap to your loan would (I'd imagine) mean you have to go back to the bank to do a new application to borrow the $ again which would be a PITA.

So I'd agree with your stance.

Note also a few fixed's out there at present at 6.99%. Makes that cracker HSBC offer from a while back not look so great now huh

How so?

Not sure, guess my mortgage broker is good?

Hi
Just a thought you might want to follow up on - but if rates go to 6.5 and you're looking at breaking then, then your exit costs will likely increase proportionally

Also you dont cap them to your loans, you usually have to have the $ available somewhere to pay for the adjustment.

To cap to your loan would (I'd imagine) mean you have to go back to the bank to do a new application to borrow the $ again which would be a PITA.

So I'd agree with your stance.

Note also a few fixed's out there at present at 6.99%. Makes that cracker HSBC offer from a while back not look so great now huh

Hey,

Well I don't have 7K available to pay this fee up front anyway (I know, not ideal) so I guess thats an other point not to pay the fee and likt you said the more the rate drops the more the exit fee will be. I'll just wait till it rolls back for free.

Not sure, guess my mortgage broker is good?

Yeah hard to say without knowing all the details, but seems like a good deal, especially when they drop again and the fact your not fixed is also lucky at the moment whilst the rate is sinking.

I think I'll use a MB next time to.

I don't think it's to hard to get a .7% discount on the wealth package with CBA. Early last year I only had 150k in borrowings with them and was still getting the discount. I deal directly by phone with there home loans division in Brisbane (even though I am in Perth) and they have been exceptional. I guess by doing this directly it gives them more scope to discount. Also they seem to have a lot more knowledge than the local branch and can structure things to get a mortgage application through to approval.

do you think rates will drop again in the next month? Im hoping another 0.5%. Currently variable is 8.53% so to get it closer to 8 or even 7.5% would be great.

I with CBA and get .6% discount. I want to buy IP no 4, but now I don't know what to do. Stay with CBA on the wealth package or use another bank.
If I stay with CBA I get the discount, no fees, but they have security over all IPs and PPOR as security.
If I use another bank, monthly fees, loan approval costs etc, probably interest would be dearer??
Any comments pls would help.

Code:
If I use another bank, monthly fees, loan approval costs etc, probably interest would be dearer??

This not normally the case. 0.6% discount off ther standard rate is not difficult to better.

I with CBA and get .6% discount. I want to buy IP no 4, but now I don't know what to do. Stay with CBA on the wealth package or use another bank.
If I stay with CBA I get the discount, no fees, but they have security over all IPs and PPOR as security.
Any comments pls would help.

There's a few banks that have 'basic loans' which have no (or minimal) application fees and no ongoing fees, with rates equivalent to the 'pro pack' loans.

St George, for example, is 7.64% with no app or no ongoing.

Speak to any of the brokers here and they can do a comparison.

Back