CBA to drop standard var. rate by .21%

After having a look at the new wealth package specs I'm assuming I can't apply anymore with these circumstances:

Borrowing ~$280k, 100% low doc.

After having a look at the new wealth package specs I'm assuming I can't apply anymore with these circumstances:

Borrowing ~$280k, 100% low doc.

Sadly Jimmy it seems you are assuming correctly :(
Looks like all the 100% low doc are gone.
hard to get higher than 80% LVR now :(

I am with the CBA, back when I got my loan back in Nov 05, they gave me an awesome deal

They gave me 0.7% off variable, 0.25% of fixed rates, no bank acct fees, no fees on the mortgage etc. So basically everything the wealth packgage has, minus the $300/yr fee, and the free credit card.

Ben

I am with the CBA, back when I got my loan back in Nov 05, they gave me an awesome deal

They gave me 0.7% off variable, 0.25% of fixed rates, no bank acct fees, no fees on the mortgage etc. So basically everything the wealth packgage has, minus the $300/yr fee, and the free credit card.

Ben

Hi, Ben

How much have you borrowed from them?

Seems like I might have to try harder next time I go see my CBA loan manager!!

I don't think it's to hard to get a .7% discount on the wealth package with CBA.
Hi Guys,

I get a .8% discount on the wealth package with WBC and am 100% variable at present. Happy days...

Oh, and I used a mortgage broker originally to set up the loans, but negotiated the extra .1% discount from the standard .7% myself by shopping around when the market was most competitive.

.7% is standard and easily achieved ander pro packs.

Note: An extra .1% for me is $1K a year in interest so worth being in the pro pack which only costs $395pa.

Cheers,
Michael

I with CBA and get .6% discount. I want to buy IP no 4, but now I don't know what to do. Stay with CBA on the wealth package or use another bank.
If I stay with CBA I get the discount, no fees, but they have security over all IPs and PPOR as security.
If I use another bank, monthly fees, loan approval costs etc, probably interest would be dearer??
Any comments pls would help.

CGW,

If there is one thing a few of us have learned in this credit crunch is not to have all of your eggs in one basket.

I never have, but have clients who have had margin calls on their loans, in otherwords the bank has lowered their LVR's and pulled back their LOC because with so much debt owing to the bank- they are a much higher risk to the bank.

Dazz, Dazzling (Sorry get them mixed up) (?) on this forum had a problem with the bank releasing the equity if he sold one of his properties.

Don't do it. :D

Regards JO

I have noticed though that going in there, getting pre-approved and then having a whinge about various fees and the like can often result in you getting your own way. The old "well bank xxxx has offered this...", especially if you also have other loans, accounts or credit cards with them (the one you're currently at) means they will take a sharp step back and start throwing benefits :D

Given the continued world recession fears, talk yesterday (1/11) from Rudd about tough times, budget surpluses being used up, does anyone think the RBA will repeat their 1% surprise drop last month again?

I think anything is possible at the moment. The mood and economy is so fragile that each day is so different from the one before.

Regards JO

I don't think we will get another 1% cut....more like 25-50 basis points.

Given the continued world recession fears, talk yesterday (1/11) from Rudd about tough times, budget surpluses being used up, does anyone think the RBA will repeat their 1% surprise drop last month again?

True.....but inflation is still a risk.......the employment numbers are crutial here as this is the lagging indicator.
I think anything is possible at the moment. The mood and economy is so fragile that each day is so different from the one before.

Regards JO

7.72% on homeloan with CBA and 7.77% with LOC (low doc) with Colonial (same property)-total is $433k.

Everytime I talk to CBA or Colonial about combining the 2 I get told of fees etc so I leave them as is and just top up on the Colonial LOC.

Broker channel b.s-CBA treating Colonial like another rival bank.

How so?

That new rate is for new customers who have over 500K to spend, or people switching back to variable rate, even better if you ave over 750K as its a .70% discount.

I have 2 loans with CBA both Fixed at 8,19% for one more year (500k+), was told it would cost about $7000 to break the loan, not worth my bother until rates hit around 6.5%, better off just riding out the remaining year. No point adding on the extra 7k onto my loans!!

Our rate is now 7.67, as of 30/10/08. :D :D

I wonder what it will be after tomorrow? ;)

Back