Ceiling Fans..Which type and costs?

I have had a request form the tenants to put in ceiling fans, one in the bedroom, lounge and kitchen.

The main light in the bedroom and lounge room is central to the room so was looking at a fan with a light built into the fan to replace the lights. The kitchen has lights either end so no light in the fan would be needed here.

I was looking about a 1200 span with fan the blades. But just doing a search on line prices vary a great deal... Anyone suggest some models that there been happy with and what would you expect for installation costs for 3 ceiling fans? Cheers

Being a rental a cheap to medium price fan should do the job.
I bought about 6 last time second hand on ebay I think around
$40 for the lot and so far no problems.
Biggest expense could be the installation and how easy the electrician
finds wiring up the fans and if roof studs are going to have to be placed
centrally for the fans to be attached.
Last lot I routed the wires and fixed the fans in place and just had the
electrician connect them up.

mercator fans

we use Mercator Fans - they look good, and don't clunk compared to some of the cheapies... Usually around 260-300 per fan (including installation by electrician).

Plenty of cheaper stuff available - but these are nice, will last, and in my opinion add a level of 'nice' to a home.

Best of luck

I recently investigated ceilign fans

you can get new lightless ones from bunnings for $45 each

and ones with lights for $55 each,

for a cheap rental, they should be fine,

just the installation which is going to be the deciding cost factor

Are ceiling fans worthwhile for a rental , or are they prone to being broken/ damaged by tenants?

Worthwhile in brisbane with the humid climate and especially when there is no breeze blowing. They are quite durable, would be pretty hard to break. Might not do much for a rental increase but it would be something I would like to have if I was a tenant.

Any one else have an opinion regarding ceiling fans?

I have the option of putting in a ceiling fan in my granny flat build (in Sydney) and I am not sure whether to have a fan or not.

Tenants would most likely be 2xadults 1xchild.

If they break, are they hard to replace anyway?

Fans are a good alternative to an A/C. They are durable and usually maintenance free apart from the dust. Buy metal, not wooden blades and never one with a light. The lights a sh*tty and low wattage. I tend to offset the main room light so as to avoid strobing from the fan. Cost wise they are cheap and if they do break down, replace rather than fix.
A.

Back