Certified Granny Flat

I know this subject has been cooked before but i am looking to find out if anyone has had their granny flat plans certified by a private building surveyor or council equivalent in the Blacktown or Sydney area that fell under the new legislation for granny flats (i.e. SEPP).

Blacktown council are being difficult with existing structures being made into approved dual occupancy under the SEPP arrangement. Comes down to the fact that they are trying to set the bench mark on this and once they allow one they will have to allow others.

On one side the certifier and architect say yes, it can meet the BCA class 1 building standard, but a guy who sits in the office says no...

Would love to hear your experiences of this matter

Cheers

Ian

Last edited:
I know this subject has been cooked before but i am looking to find out if anyone has had their granny flat plans certified by a private building surveyor or council equivalent in the Blacktown or Sydney area that fell under the new legislation for granny flats (i.e. SEPP).

Blacktown council are being difficult with existing structures being made into approved dual occupancy under the SEPP arrangement. Comes down to the fact that they are trying to set the bench mark on this and once they allow one they will have to allow others.

On one side the certifier and architect say yes, it can meet the BCA class 1 building standard, but a guy who sits in the office says no...

Would love to hear your experiences of this matter

Cheers

Ian

Hi bricman,

Ive done a few in Blacktown. Perhaps I can help you.
Contact info below...

Back