CGT question

Hi all, would appreciate if you could advise me on CGT for my PPOR.

I bought the land in June 2010 and signed a contract to build with a builder in Sept 2011. The house was completed in January 2012, and I got the keys and moved in February 2012.

I might be posted overseas for work next year, and if I were to sell my house next year (say June) would I need to pay any CGT? What if I decide to rent it out instead next year (say June), and sell it few years later will I need to pay CGT for this house then? Thanks.

Hi all, would appreciate if you could advise me on CGT for my PPOR.

I bought the land in June 2010 and signed a contract to build with a builder in Sept 2011. The house was completed in January 2012, and I got the keys and moved in February 2012.

I might be posted overseas for work next year, and if I were to sell my house next year (say June) would I need to pay any CGT? What if I decide to rent it out instead next year (say June), and sell it few years later will I need to pay CGT for this house then? Thanks.

It depends.

Where you claiming another house as your main residence at any stage of overlapping ownership? Will you have another main residence overseas?

Back