Changes / tightening on servicing for investors

Ok thanks Jess. I still plan on pushing as hard as I can on this anyway as who knows, it could get worse! If there's another interest rate drop in Sept or something they may clamp down like crazy.

The RBA is working with other regulators (ASIC, APRA) to minimize the bubble risks in Sydney, because they want to cut rates further as they try to engineer the transition from mining to non-mining investment and consumption.

The RBA is working with other regulators (ASIC, APRA) to minimize the bubble risks in Sydney, because they want to cut rates further as they try to engineer the transition from mining to non-mining investment and consumption.

'engineer' suggests technical know how, forethought and creation. The reality is, 'oh god we've lost power, what do we do now?', 'keep slashing rates mate, that might fire things up'. 'what about Sydney tho it's a firecracker ready to pop', 'dunno, you hold the wheel and I'll go have a chat to Nige and see if he can cool that engine a bit'

I Went to NAB and spoken with them about these new policy and regulator.

They Advised me that the policy will start easing around October this year.

IMO these new policy introduced by APRA is just a temporary to cool down Sydney and Melbourne Market. It can't sustained forever, as other capital city has not seeing the growth that you see in Melbourne and Sydney.

Also introducing further restrictions to investors, may have an effect on rent in the long term. Sydney Rental Market is already tight enough being 1-1.5% vacancy rate.

Mate the last time these policy kicked in was in 2004 and prior to that it was 1991 and in 1984 or something ( i got these data and dates from my mentor) the 2004 one lasted 18 month the 1991 lasted 5-6 years and the 1984 one didnt last long as rated dropped dramatically + it was during the time Negative gearing was abolished.

- Higher rate for IP etc....

last till oct....umm i dont think so more likes X years....

I've just been hit by new policy.

Early last week I ordered desktop Val's on two western Sydney properties to top up loans with AMP. Gave go ahead for broker to proceed with one top up and to order a full Val for the other. Neither applications were filed.

This week we no longer service for the full ampunt. Top up was for 150k across the properties. Our portfolio is cash flow positive and that positive cash flow (factoring 80pc of rental income) covers our PPR mortgage. Hubby on higher than average income.

So yes, it can affect multiple property investors right now with plenty of equity and good incomes.

The umpire has changed the game and it's conditions..big time.

Time to take off the moulded sole footy boots and put in the screw in boots as we are about to start playing on a slippery playing field with regards to the investment lending environment..

Like all others I will be hit hard with the new lending policies having started late in life on my investment journey and have just finalised on my second IP this week.

Like many I will review my short term goals and what I need to do to move forward on my investment journey..well hopefully forward!!!

Coota

and those who are still negatively geared despite this period of low rates, have bought dud investments. time for them to face the risks of their follies.

So are 95% lends going to be a thing of the past?

They haven't been popular for a quite a while (way before the recent changes).

There's a few lenders that will still do 95% incl of LMI which is basically a 92% lend with LMI added on top.

However - there's often certain criteria that needs to be met (you may have to demonstrate that you hold a certain amount of equity in other property for instance). These deals are often credit scored quite harshly too.

I don't see a lot of 95% IP loans these days. I don't like submitting them either!

Cheers

Jamie

I've just been hit by new policy.

Early last week I ordered desktop Val's on two western Sydney properties to top up loans with AMP. Gave go ahead for broker to proceed with one top up and to order a full Val for the other. Neither applications were filed.

This week we no longer service for the full ampunt. Top up was for 150k across the properties. Our portfolio is cash flow positive and that positive cash flow (factoring 80pc of rental income) covers our PPR mortgage. Hubby on higher than average income.

So yes, it can affect multiple property investors right now with plenty of equity and good incomes.

You need to talk to your broker about firstmac. They are still doing actuals and neg gearing.

So how long do we think it'll take for all lenders to make their changes so we can see who is the best to deal with?

ALL the banks will be just about same same, give or take a smidge. They will all be assessing all debt at 7% or thereabouts. The non banks will be the best bet now for borrowing capacity... They continue to use neg gearing and actuals on OFI debt so they are streets ahead .

Hey Euro

Any word on expected servicing changes for them?

Cheers

Jamie

No changes planned. I have checked and triple checked. That can change of course, but for now- make hay while the sun shines.

Assessment rate of 8%. 80% of rent accepted, neg gearing accepted, actuals on OFI accepted. 4.19% variable. $295 annual fee. 10 sub accounts available, each with offset ( if you ask) And for those worried about I/O periods expiring, 10 years I/O available. And of course, 80% of the NRAS credit accepted as untaxed income if you move your PPOR to them.

Hi jamie. I heard on 2gb radio because they r not a deposit based lender they r not apra bound
Hence they dont need to change
I suppose they may do it themselves rather than apra later if all the investors use them now as there will b a flood of new ip loans.

I think you'll find they have a pretty healthily P & I biased book, and also a pretty healthy bias towards sub 80%, due to loans.com.au , which attracts a lot of sub 80% P & I.

Back