Changing yellow gold ring to white gold

Anyone know anything about this.
I have a ring yellow gold and white gold, want all white gold, is it possible th have all white gold. Also it's a Diamond setting, is this an issue???

want all white gold,

thats-racist.jpg

Heh heh heh.

Pure 24 k gold ie the metal AU can only be one colour when refined - gold colour - yellow.

White gold has silver mixed with it. So you would need to melt it down and mix it with silver! :)

No other way to do it that I can think of and gold is inert so I can't even think of anything that can react with it chemically that can make it chance colour.

Any chemists on here? That's my limit!

When white gold rings start going yellow they get redipped in Rhodium, so maybe you can get yellow gold rings dipped too?

It doesn't last too long though so it might be cheaper/easier to get the yellow gold remade into white gold

Did a little further research, yes can get it dipped but as WM said does not last, wont get it reset, live with gold at the moment.

thanks

I want to get my wedding, engagement and eternity rings made up into one fantabulous ring ... does that make me a bad person?

Still married to the pretty awesome (most days) fella

I want to get my wedding, engagement and eternity rings made up into one fantabulous ring ... does that make me a bad person?

No. It's a great idea. My mum did that and was very happy with the result. When she gave me the ring she suggested that I get it mixed with platinum and redesigned again - though I like the design she had.

I put together my engagement and eternity diamonds, threw in some earring and necklace diamonds and had them made into a beautiful ring, and I'm quite sure I am not a bad person :D

My SIL was horrified that I had melted them down and had a new one made, and rather smugly told me "I have never taken off my wedding band. It means so much. It is a symbol of our commitment blah, blah, blah"... until the divorce :p

One of my diamonds is cracked and I am wondering if I swap it out or get the whole thing remade. I asked the jeweler who made the original one how much to replace the broken diamond and that was $1800. I know a jeweler so can probably do a whole new design for that.

I did the same. I had my platinum engagement and wedding rings made into a platinum dress ring. It cost me $2k by a great designer/Jeweller. I really love it.

Chris

My engagement ring was James' Nanna's ring. It's beautiful and I absolutely love it, it's around 60-65 years old.

It was a white gold ring, with a yellow gold band. I'm not a fan of yellow gold, and wanted to make it "my own".

We had the yellow gold band removed and replaced for white gold, and with the yellow that was removed we had it mixed and made it into a small diamond necklace to give to James' Mum.

Nothing wrong with this whatsoever, ring designs date, its nice to have a change, still using the same rocks, what's the issue?? If anything I would also add some larger rocks if you can;) I have become an expert on diamonds, ask me anything now I think I will have the answer:p

So I'm now wondering how to find a great designer/jeweller?

The designer I chose just happened to win some awards soon after. His prices went through the roof. I know a lady who worked for him and she now works for another jeweller but also does work from home.

I have three friends who have used her and all very happy. I've seen the remade rings. She is good.

I will be getting her to do whatever I have made next. You could always see how you could get the stones to her? Or find a local manufacturing jeweller and see what their work is like.

Back