Charleville

You might get a cheapy at cheepie, the neighbour to Charleville.
Seriously, Roma is probably your best bet, although the boom has even gotten that far now.

Hi

You may already be very familiar with this, but, Charleville floods and the whole town is under water. I don't recall the last time it does this but if you are seriously looking there please look closely at this issue.......if nothing else.

Dale

you cant tell me that noone has looked at charleville at all !!!!!!!!!!!!!

...with intervening periods of extreme drought?

Hmm. Dunno about that. Isn't drought the norm, with intervening periods of extreme floods.

Just joking folks. Sorry to those who live there. Actually Charleville has had 140 mils of rain this year. Nice.

See ya's.

I know they can not get workers for the new abattoirs, they have imported (I think)30 workers from Vietnam and it is still only half operational.

The council and government are building levee banks from Augathalla to Charleville to minimise the floods.

Also I think the council is releasing house blocks of land out there.

But I agree I feel Roma is a better proposition.
Peter

I have just returned from Roma- I travel there reasonably often. Houses are very expensive there now- around $350 or so for a 3 or 4 bedroom weatherboard. Rentals are not in high demand- I spoke to a REA there who said currenlty they have plenty empty on their books, Rent is quite high as well. Lots of fly in/ fly out type workers- 10 days on, 4 or so off.
There are currenlty 2 subdivisions happening, one is 7 blocks, I think around 1500 m2 selling from $85K, Not sure about the other one.

Flooding at Charleville is not a regular thing- and work has been done to prevent is happening too often again. As previously mentioned, growth is even or slightly negative, depending upon which figures you look at. Little work in Ch'ville- but there is a beautiful old pub that would be great done up, really needs loving new owners- huge corner one, with a large verandah all around, french doors opening out onto verandahs, and they have great food! Cost a fortune to do up tho!

Chinchilla is still booming, more subdivisions happening out there too, rent is ridiculous! Average income over $100K for most!
HTH
Susan

Chinchilla is still booming, more subdivisions happening out there too, rent is ridiculous! Average income over $100K for most!
HTH
Susan[/QUOTE]

Hi Susan,

I have developed a bit of an interest in Chinchilla for +CF. Have you an oppinion on this angle??

I looked at the Bowen basin but there seem to be some concern about the longevity of the coal and also the best growth has gone.

Comments from any one in the now would be appreciated.

Cheers Chrisv

I have developed a bit of an interest in Chinchilla for +CF. Have you an oppinion on this angle??

Hi Chris,
I am very new to PI, so it wouldn't be wise to listen to what I had to say about it! I am told that the current job is due to finish (at Kogan) around Sept, then they are straight into another one, not sure how long that one will go for. I really didn't listen too hard to all the goss, I have a family member who works there- makes 130K! They are paying $275/week for a tiny little fibro job with 3 tiny bedrooms- if it was here in Toowomba, you'd be doing well to sell it for $130K! The kitchen/dininng is about 2m square and shower is a room outside with a concrete floor, a dodgy shower on the wall and a piece of wire to hold the door closed! There is an inside bath, toilet tho. Tiny block of land that is all dirt,even tho they have a bore and water regularly.

I wonder how the locals on 'normal' incomes cope in that climate. A recent local paper (Toowoomba Chronicle) did say the council were going to sink some money into widening the streets etc in the town, due to the increase in population. There is only an IGA, I am surprised that there has not been more shopping centre type development- Dalby is an hour East, and Toowoomba 2 hours East, nothing to the west shopping wise.
I would imagine there would be a fair wait to get a builder too, as there wouldn't be too many out there, and Toowoomba ones are too busy here without having to travel to make money!

Feel free to PM me if I can be of help,
Susan

Back