Cheap but good enough areas in Brisbane.

Hi! What are the cheap areas to buy in Brisbane Northish? I'm fine with a one bedroom place. While i'm at it, is there a web site that crawls other sites and lists all propertys it finds? Or is there some property site that is known to the the best?

You might get a higher quality response if you provide some parameters.

What do you mean by cheap? 100k? 200k? 300k? 350k?

How far are you prepared to be from the CBD?

Seriously... lunch or Dinner at Grappino in paddington is tough to beat on any day.
Or Saturday night at Bens in Gabba.

But I totally back Sue's comments about the southside. It is more recently evidenced by the bowling alley on the southside at near mains road - it just got reno'd so I imagine that the local cuisine has changed...

They got sumthin called a 'mike-ro-wave' - and it even has a clock on it - with no hands!

What'll they think of next.

Last edited:
Im gonna push this thread offtopic !

My favourite places to eat in Brisbane (in no particular order):

Breakfast
Campos, New Farm
Circque, New Farm
Cantina, West End

Lunch
Verve, Edward St
JJs (Korean), Edward St

Dinner
La Belle Epoque, Emporium
Caravanserai, West End

Northside has the restaraunts at Albion for starters. Some very good seafood at Portside. There is stuff there, need to get out more.

Rasa Ria at Clayfield is a favourite of ours for Asian.

Best/favourite restaraunt in Brisbane: Embers Steakhouse at Park Road, Milton.

Southsiders don't know about the great food on the northside cos you have to live here to discover it.....they aren't franchises with gauche advertising, you see :p

My Favs:
Citron, Wilston
E'cco Bistro, City
Piccolo, Ascot
Mariosarti, Toowong
Herveys, New Farm
Brents, Toowong
Sonomas, Sandgate
Raphaels, Sandgate
Watt, New Farm
Continental, New Farm
Sitar, Albion (the best of the Sitars)
Pam's Cafe, Secret Spot

Woot new places to try !!! Hooray!~!!!

Leave your cowboy hat at home when you go to those Boomer. :p

The Full Moon Hotel, Sandgate might appeal also. Some excellent live music during the year, though nothing great coming up before 09. Best outlook of any Hotel in SE Qld. Only trouble is, you get a few nouveau riche there, and the odd bogan. Try Breakfast on a Sunday morning.

Back