Cheap Dialup Internet for Holiday House

Any suggestions for a cheap a/c for dialup (broadband not available, neither is water or sewerage as it happens :rolleyes: ).

It would only be used perhaps twice a month for a couple of hours.

Have looked on google but nothing grabbed me.

thanks in anticipation........

bawley said:
Any suggestions for a cheap a/c for dialup (broadband not available, neither is water or sewerage as it happens :rolleyes: ).

It would only be used perhaps twice a month for a couple of hours.

Have looked on google but nothing grabbed me.

thanks in anticipation........

That AWESOME South Australian Company, Internode.. offer a casual Dial Up plan with all of their Broadband plans.. 10hrs per month then $1per hour. So doesnt help you if you're not on Internode for your Broadband - but worth mentioning anyhow :)

Details here

Internode also have nationwide local call dialin (as do many ISPs now) - so when you are travelling, it will only ever be a local call charge to access the internet. Comes in very handy when I travel.

Tpg?

Hi,
Maybe try www.tpg.com.au They have quite cheap dialup account up to $16.95 unlimited dialup. The best thing is they usually have local numbers you can ring if you are travelling (most major towns in Aust).

However i am sure there are heaps of other ISP available.

Go and have a surf of www.whirlpool.net.au Mainly ADSL/Broadband but they do mention dialup.

Hope this helps

DaveJ

Cheap Dialup?

Hi bawley,

I think you should be able to access your own internet account from elsewhere as I'm sure when we go on holiday Mr Muz goes to an internet cafe and checks our email. Contact your ISP :D

Otherwise I generally use Hotkey

http://www.hotkey.net.au/main.php?menu=dialup-home

on a $24.95 unlimited dialup plan as we don't have broadband. You may be interested in a $10 monthly fee for 6 hours ($3 per hour thereafter), although I think there is a one off set up fee of $25. :)

dodo offer dial up plans for $9.90. Unlimited hours and 70mb of data. I think the plan is capped at $23.95 for as much data as you want. I guess 70 mb would be enough for your coulple of hours a fortnight.

Some of the pre-paid phone card companies offer dial-up net access on the card as well. Not sure of the rates or quality but worth giving them a call.

I use iinet broadband and if it ever goes down or i go away somewhere i have a free nationwide dial up No which unless i've missed something comes free of charge

rossv

Thanks for the response

Due to the busyness of the silly season, haven't had the time to follow up on all suggestions properly. Looked at whirlpool but couldn't find any info re dialup. Dodo seems to be the cheapest but is pay by credit card only (auto monthly I'm assuming) - what happens if you need to cancel, is this trouble free and easy?? My husband and I are employed by our company so a tax invoice seems the way to go.

Currently use bigpond broadband at home, perhaps I should talk to them?

Duncan writes "That AWESOME South Australian Company, Internode.. offer a casual Dial Up plan with all of their Broadband plans.. 10hrs per month then $1per hour. So doesnt help you if you're not on Internode for your Broadband - but worth mentioning anyhow ." Duncan, I am in the habit of supporting another AWESOME south australian company whenever I buy doonas (seems to be regularly since moving to Canberra :eek: ) and go straight to mini jumbuk - great product.

So thanks everyone. Rushing around again, then off to the coast for weekend sans internet :( I WILL organise something next week, the prospect of being out of touch for 2 weeks is TOOOO much.

Cheers
Bawley

G'day bawley,

I use Froggy as my primary dialup - $19.95 / month (no MB limit, but they can drop your link after ~4hrs - you just re-dial, and back on). BUT, about 2 months back, I was having connectivity probs, so took on an alternative.

The alternative is Hypermax - $9.95 / mth - has a limit (100MB) but caps the total cost at $19.95 if you over-use the MB limit. Otherwise it ticks up at 10c/MB between $9.95 and $19.95 depending on usage.

Thought this latter one might be useful. www.hypermax.com.au

Regards,

Hi bawley,

I use dodo, and have been happy with the service - yes it is a automatic credit card payment, but they do email a tax invoice each month.

Cheers
Mike

Back