Cheap Kitchen for a cheap IP ?

After spending 1 hour on the phone to ikea and 3 different staff, who forced me to use their kitchen designer , just to get a rough price on a few bits and pieces, which in the end came up with "error, please visit showroom", error message back to square one.

Was wondering what option and rough rough pricing and suggestions people had for a cheap kitchen,

the reason Im going cheap is that the IP is cheap, and the area is ok, but not a high quality demographics, so hence there is a chance the kitchen won't be so greatly looked after,

its a standard old house, kitchen is normal sized,

on a budget what would I be looking at?

or should I look up ebay?

I can purchase a new dishwasher for about $400 , and was wondering whether a dishwasher is worth it for an IP

thanks in advance everyone

How bad is the kitchen that's in there now? Can you get away with just repainting it and putting some new door handles and a new bench?

How bad is the kitchen that's in there now? Can you get away with just repainting it and putting some new door handles and a new bench?

thanks everyone,

property is approx $250-$260k, (well I havent got it yet, im getting a bit ahead of myself yes)

havent seen the kitchen except in photos,m

it actually looks quite ok, so yes maybe to leave it (it was actually the agent that said I might need to work on the kitchen)

The ikea girl said that you can pick a basic prepackaged one up for about $800, I asked which one is that, and she said, its not on the web, you'll have to come and look at it....GRRRRR

http://www.mitre10.com.au/Kitchens/Imagine-Kitchens-Overview/

My uncle has two kitchens in his house - the everyday kitchen they spent a lot of money through a kitchen company. The secondary kitchen downstairs they put in a mitre10 kitchen. Ended up both kitchens were manufactured by the same company.

that looks pretty nice for $988,

Iassume install is on top of that,

id need to get sinks, taps, knobs/handles, (as per the website)

I'd look at replacing doors and handles, and in the extreme maybe the benchtop. The carcasses should be fine, and this will save a heap. Maybe you could get away with a lick of paint and new door handles, which would cost you $100-200

Ignore Ikea kitchens, their design software is hideous and I believe better quality for a comparable price can be found.

If the body of the kitchen (or carcass as they like to call it in the industry - such a terrible word) is in good nick, then simply replacing the doors and adding some new, modern handles can make quite a big difference. As can a new sink, mixer tap and splash back. This doesn't need to cost a fortune - we done a makeover like this recently.

Cheers

Jamie

Just did a reno:

Bunnings vacuum sealed kitchen with
4 above bench cabinets
6 underbench cabinets
1 panty
Total - $2300

Benchtop - custom cut - $700

Sink, flick mix - $150

Oven, stove top, rangehood - $800

Plumber - $150
Electrician - $250
Cabinet installer assembler - $1300
Tile splashback - $450

So the whole kitchen cost around 6k.

I also like Mitre 10 kitchens.

Try and keep plumbing and electricity/gas where it is to save on tradie costs.

No, on the dishwasher in an IP (it's just another thing to repair, when it breaks down, imo) although I'd probably leave a provision for it.

Hi HTO and others,

How much do you have to spend to get a trade account at Bunnings? And what % off do you get?

I'd look to spend 10k.

Has anyone successfully negotiated with Bunnings on the advertised prie without a trade account?

Back