cheap kitchen

Am converting my triple garage into a Rumpus Room with a small bedroom for the father-in-law and want to put in a small kitchen (3m x 3m L shape) in the corner of the room so he can look after his own meals etc.

I have heard that there are some imported kitchens from China floating around that are cheap. Anyone know where I can source one of these?

I think you will find that the imported kitchens come as a full kit - as often found at auctions. I had one auction house (near Brissy airport) price me up a smaller kitchen from a broken up kit - not economical. I got a tailor made one cheaper - melamine with cad edge rather than 2 pack, but better quality and with better draws and slides. I have been told that the Chinese benchtop material is inferior to local HMR. The pink looking melamine inside takes a bit of getting use to!! I suggest a locally made flat pack may be more suitable from one of the many companies or just go to Bunnings if you can't find anything better.

If you're buying a cheap chinese kitchen, make sure you ask about formaldehyde levels. Some don't meet Australian standards. This stuff leaches into the air and can be pretty toxic in a confined area.

I am doing a similar thing. I have been reccomended to get in contact with Kitchens Direct @ Rocklea.

684 Beaudesert Rd, Rocklea
Queensland - 4106,
Contact Name: Tony
Phone: 07 32743988
Mobile: 0433 174 692
Fax: 07 3277 6577

I am doing a similar thing. I have been reccomended to get in contact with Kitchens Direct @ Rocklea.

684 Beaudesert Rd, Rocklea
Queensland - 4106,
Contact Name: Tony
Phone: 07 32743988
Mobile: 0433 174 692
Fax: 07 3277 6577

I wont be doing the kitchen for a few weeks yet so if you happen to contact them in the meantime Ben let me know how you go..

Also try Ebay. Buy a complete kitchen and hire a handyman to cut and fit to size. Lots for sale on there at any one time.
BEst of luck!

I got my quote back from Tony @ Kitchens Direct @ Rocklea.

for a U shaped kitchen, roughly 2.6m x 2.4M in 2 pack white, with a granite top (also including the top cupboards) is $4300. Then its $150 if you want them to assemble all the cupboards. Delivery is $80/hr if you dont pick it up yourself. and he said he would be able to get someone to install the kitchen (and install/cut the granite) for $1200 if I didnt want to do it myself.

So roughly under $6k for a fully installed 2 pack & granite kitchen. And then all you need to do is install the sink / dishwasher, do the tile splashbacks. And then get a sparky to put your powerpoints in and wire up the oven/cooktop.

Ben

Haven't actually bought from them, but have checked them out thoroughly. You can pick up complete kitchens very cheaply at their auctions - only drawback is that you have to take the kitchen as-is.

If it happens to fit in with the dimensions of your room, great ... if not, then I'm not sure that it would be worth paying someone to alter them for you. Maybe someone else has gone down this path and can add further info???

Cheers
LynnH

looking at those kitchens, and also the kitchen plans, they look exactly the same as the ones at kitchen direct, they even share some of the same item numbers.

Although at kitchens direct you can choose the cabinets you want, you dont have to buy a whole pre made kitchen. But if the cam brown ones fit, they may be a cheaper way of doing it

Ben

before somebody told me about cambrowns, i was actually planning on getting the flat pack cabinets from bunnings (the quotes i got came out cheaper from that of Tony's); then just buy a chisese granite benchtop from Tony.

or get the real one from campbrowns; my friend was telling me if you buy the granite benchtop from cambrowns (2x pcs), they'll cut and install it for just $600.

Does anyone know how much cheaper the appliances (rangehoods, sinks,) are from cam browns compared to shops like good guys

to get cheap kitchens kits

I may have missed the point with this but did you say yu were looking ofr cheap kitchens
try these ideas
tender disposals are a but pricey at springwood 1100 per metre
Bunnings are good at 600/metre cupboard and benchtop
auctions like the one near kingsford smith drive you spoke of are rigged at 10 to 15% above the one near archerfield airport. The airport auction centre flog the same thing at around 700 to 800 per metre already assembled

For a bechtop to match say a bunning cupboard only options try Enviroline benchtop snear strathpine great colour and texture range good turnaround time and can prefab it for a L shaped kitchen as well

save onthe install it wil be around 500 plus to get it done by others
self lvel the fllor area ( if you have slab on ground) by using a self levlling compound. Get a drill driven mixer wand and match the water exactly then mix weel and pour. I f a wood en floor fill up the hollows with a trowelon filer and then after it sets fillthe surface with a thick smear of liquid nails or similar and lay a 7.5mm blueboard sheet over it. wait til the next day to find the point that are solid supported and nail them off with a plasterboard ribbed nail with its dish shaped flat head.

regard bro'

Dunno if its of any use to you, as the manufacturer is in Sydney, but I recently bought a u shaped kitchen, 2.5 x 2.9 x 2.5 with 2x900mm overhead cupboards from Princes Kitchens in Arncliffe.

2 pac poly, with ceaserstone benchtops (extra 350 to be cut and installed) kitchen cost me 3900.

You can have any colour as long as its white ;) but its a rental property and increased the value of the house no end.

Couldnt be happier with it. Oh, also It came fully assembled, I just numbered the cupboards, and installed it myself.... would have been a sight seeing a small chick fanging down the m5 in a 2 tonne pantec truck... but thats another story.....

piccy of kitchen attached... I think, never done an attachment before

Attachments

• kitchen after.jpg
    kitchen after.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 280
Back