Cheapest Lawn Mower (Petrol) ??

Hi All,

Does anyone know where to get the cheapest lawn mower (petrol)?
If possible, good quality (brigg&stratton / victa for exampe)

Ideally, I also would like to know the store in Melbourne.

Any suggestion, would be much much appreciated.
Thanks.

cheap and good.....................

Im guessing cheapwill be chinese sourced where parts will be hard to obtain so service life is 3 to 5 years

buy a honda, spend 3 times as much and have 5 times the life ?

ta
rolf

Check masters, Bunnings etc

I remember Big W had $120 mowers once. They sold out real quick. Check garage sales. Bought a $50 once and it lasted for years.

Forget the cheap ones. Spend $500 and get a good 4 stroke one. Service it each year at the start of summer (change the oil, blow out the air filter, remove and clean the spark plug and sporay some WD40 around the carb and linkages) and it will last 20+ years.

Spend $50 and use the money you save on a slab of beer and a new TV. After mowing the lawn you'll feel like a king.

If possible, good quality (brigg&stratton / victa for exampe)
Most are made in se-asia now Honda makes several lawn mowers for bang for buck nothing is as good longterm as Honda just a oil change plugs and blades every now and again and I have had one 14 years and never touched the motor imho

Most are made in se-asia now Honda makes several lawn mowers for bang for buck nothing is as good longterm as Honda just a oil change plugs and blades every now and again and I have had one 14 years and never touched the motor imho

The cheap mower will be expensive in the long run . I have a Honda self propelled as well as a husqvarna ride on . Just keep the maintenance up and no worries . Had the Honda for over 10 years .

I've owned several quad bikes for work over the years and only ever buy Honda .
Eventually they wear out but not the motor/running gear .

Check masters, Bunnings etc

I remember Big W had $120 mowers once. They sold out real quick. Check garage sales. Bought a $50 once and it lasted for years.

I spent $200 on a Big W one 3-4 years ago and it is still going strong. Made in Australia too!

Try Ebay or gumtree if you are price sensitive
This thread wouldn't exist if he wasn't. ;)

I have met very, very few people in the world who aren't price sensitive...I have a couple of mates who aren't, and the reason is they are swimming in pesos, and don't really care about price - only quality.

In my previous life of golf, it was almost non-existent to hear anyone come in and say; "Hey; gimmee the most expensive driver you got, and I don't care what the price is!"

In tyres, noone ever says; "Give me the most expensive tyre you have!"

No; they don't want much - only the best brands, the best quality, but at the elcheapo-Chinese/Taiwan/India, etc - price. ;):rolleyes:

FWIW; my FIL gave me an electric Flymo mower 15 years ago, he bought at a garage sale - I think he paid $5 for it, and I still use it to this day down at the workshop (naturestrip). My new front lawn grass will need it's first mow in a few weeks; can't wait.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I will buy Honda lawn-mower.
It looks like I've to double up my budget.

I've come across with this:

http://www.lawnmowers.com.au/Domestic_Lawn_Mowers/HRU19K1

Anyone has an experience with this HRU19K1 ?
Thanks.

I've got one of them. Dunno if it's the exact model as it's a few years old, but looks identical. Great machine but you could get 3 bunnings mowers for the price of this one. I'd still get the Honda.

See ya's.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I think I will buy Honda lawn-mower.
It looks like I've to double up my budget.

I've come across with this:

http://www.lawnmowers.com.au/Domestic_Lawn_Mowers/HRU19K1

Anyone has an experience with this HRU19K1 ?
Thanks.

Yep - I have this one for the last 18 mths. Has been perfect and went through the same process you did in weighing up low price versus long term quality.

Just got sick of too many cheap ones breaking down after a couple of years.

Back