Check out the neighbours using streetview

If the owners can get $1000/week for these 4 bedder terraces in what has always been the toughest street in Redfern then things have definitely changed. Cleaning up the remaining no go areas.

From the ad "Be impressed with 5 newly renovated terraces in the heart of Redfern"

A lot of the other terraces here have become dilapidated, burnt out and then been demolished.

What would concern me as a tenant is that there are usually quite a few people in the street just hanging out doing very little. Years ago I wouldn't ride my bike down here because I thought I'd come out minus the bike. I remember getting about 100 metres down Eveleigh Street and about 7 young people in a group were watching me waiting for me to ride a bit further down the street towards them.

Use to go to redfern in my teens as my friends had 'cuzzes' in redfern.

Was in redfern last year too due to a short work stint but was opposite broadway,would have been interesting to look up that street.

A guy from qld i was working with at the time,had to go and do a job in one of the blocks.

Each stairwell either had a drunk or junkie shooting up.Meter rooms he had to access was full of faeces,dead rats and other unknown stenchy objects.He came out dry reaching and gagging.

Anyhow,If that street is still in a bad state,it will take a brave tenant/s to move in.

Cheers Spades.

Last edited:
I once boxed at the gym down there, mid to late 90s. I remember the place was very friendly and they handed out plates of hot food to everyone. Had a quick conversation with Tony down there but I couldn't understand a word he said...I just kept replying yep, yep, oh yeah... lol

Back