Check your water bill properly, my friend got billed 100x more water than actual

Check your water bills and meter everyone! Especially if it is a scanned meter. Watch this video.

http://youtu.be/c9GenIXnjPM

My friend told me to check out a video he made about his water bill. He was billed 100 times more water than he actually used. He lodged a complaint with the Ombudsman and the water company called him and admitted that he is correct (after the call centre first ridiculed his claims and asked him to just pay up!). Yet the bad news is, when he asked if the other residents in the same building (700 units) will get a refund immediately and revised bill as well, the water company says "no, they will only respond now to those who have lodged a complaint about the water bill, if no complaints, no action taken until the next billing period where they may revise everyone's water usage". So this means the water company is collecting 100x more money and keeping in their pockets now???

Aparently something wrong with their scanning meters and it is reading 100 litres as 10,000 litres (10 kL)!

Back