CHOICE rated vacum cleaners, which is best

I feel your pain. i loved the bag less ones just for the convenience but they do need emptying more frequently. I've decided to go back to bags.

My student house has a vacuum. When I ask why the carpets are dirty I am told vacuum is broken.

Mostly it just needs emptying but last time there was long hair in the cleaning head.

You'd think medical students would have some level of fault finding skills.

I'm actually thinking of a ducted vacuum in my new PPOR. Big strong motor in the garage with a huge storage bin close to the rubbish bins. The magic eye pickup in the kitchen that sucks up when you sweep under the right cabinet is very cool. Especially when you hate bending like me.

And lastly I can do the car anytime because the unit is in the garage.

Cons? Cost? Not much more expensive than a top of the line plastic vacuum cleaner. I'm concerned that a blockage may mean having to rip up plaster but I'm sure that has been resolved - something to check. What else?

ducted vacuums use a 50mm interior polished wall pipe, larger than the 38mm flexible hoses
anything that goes up the head, fits through the wall
all pipe elbows and joints sweep, no forward facing sharp edges to catch lint etc
very difficult to jam
attachment.php

Attachments

• sweep_tee.jpg
    sweep_tee.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 93
Most people I know with the automated ones just use them to keep the house relatively clean until they can do the job properly on the weekend. I have a Choice subscription, and of the bagless (the bagged Miele vacuums always seem to win) the Dyson DC41 seems to be the pick

Is there anything in the Choice magazine about the DC59 Dyson Beast?

Back