Climate Smart Check

Had my climate smart check this morning. Lots of work to do:eek:
My one indulgence - the heated floor in the bathroom - costs me 50c per hour and i haven't turned on the dryer yet.
I think the kids are going to hate the monitor as I will able to tell them exactly how much each light bulb they leave on is costing us but for $50 - which I get back from Brisbane City Council, I think it is great. I also got 6 energy saving bulbs and could have had new showerheads if I didn't already have water saving ones.

My one indulgence - the heated floor in the bathroom - costs me 50c per hour

oh dear - as i want to get the entire family, dining, kitchen tiled with underfloor heating. it comes straight off the back pool deck so not keen on carpet and i loooooove the toasty toes underneath.

however, the first job on my list when we move back in - yay - two weeks is to get the roof painting and solar electricity+solar hot water installed. if you tell/show the guy what you'll be running off the system they design one specifically for your situation - so i'll include the floor heating.

fortunately we don't use the aircon for heating (combustion fireplace) or cooling (ocean breezes) so that might help ... then add back the swimming pool and minus the .... :rolleyes:

our idle footprint is about 350 watts

that's cause i never turn my computer off :p

but we consume about half of what the average electricity consumption is, so the guy told us there isn't much else we can do to save

Back