Clive Palmer For PM ???

dont underestimate a person with his drive, passion and money.

He is well known for having a strong opinion and leading from the front (yeah I know sounds odd, most modern politics dont work that way)

ta
rolf

Seems like a really nice guy with lots of original ideas. At the very least, he will inject some humour into politics. Intelligent / articulate man. Attractive young wife. I'll give him a vote.

He is dreaming and will never make it.

Australia wouldn't be ready for a PM like him, not in 100 years.

Maybe he could join forces with Gina, that way their popularity would be on par.

I heard him speak recently and he has some good ideas...
Has a sense of humour and I feel he is in touch with the common folk, suprising considering the life he must lead, maybe he is just a master of BS..
Anyway, why not..he can't do any worse:D:D

And the other 2 parties have?

His arrival may take some of the complacency (definition of this word is something like "smug self satisfaction")out of the Libs run.
I am now interested in election night again.

Whoever wrote that article clearly has no idea how our system works.

The public do not get the opportunity to choose a PM.

You cannot run for PM during an election.

This is about as relevant as that question on the survey "who do you think would make the best PM ?"

Your only choice on election night is between your Labor and Liberal candidate. Your vote keeps trickling down in the preference system until you do.

As for Palmer, he's just spitting the dummy cos he didn't want to subject himself to the LNP pre-selection process.

Whoever wrote that article clearly has no idea how our system works.

The public do not get the opportunity to choose a PM.

You cannot run for PM during an election.

This is about as relevant as that question on the survey "who do you think would make the best PM ?"

Your only choice on election night is between your Labor and Liberal candidate. Your vote keeps trickling down in the preference system until you do.

As for Palmer, he's just spitting the dummy cos he didn't want to subject himself to the LNP pre-selection process.

Mr Palmer had a falling out with Mr Newman last year when the QLD Government raised the mining royalties.

"Mr Palmer, whose plans for a massive coal mine in central Queensland are at risk because of the royalty increase, said the public would not put up with "the rape of this state" through job cutting and revenue raising.

"I won't put up with it, either. I remain the last sentry at the gate to protect democracy," he said.

Mr Palmer said the Government's policies had abolished five mines in the Galilee Basin and had scrapped port development and given it to Indian companies.

Mr Palmer vowed to become a de facto Opposition by developing and promoting his own ideas to fix the economy.

"The only way he should be getting the budget back in the black is by getting revenue going," Mr Palmer said.

"You have to have a positive go forward not a negative wind down."

Mr Palmer had a falling out with Mr Newman last year when the QLD Government raised the mining royalties.

"Mr Palmer, whose plans for a massive coal mine in central Queensland are at risk because of the royalty increase, said the public would not put up with "the rape of this state" through job cutting and revenue raising.

"I won't put up with it, either. I remain the last sentry at the gate to protect democracy," he said.

I had no idea he was the last sentry at the gate.

He must have been asleep for the past 20 odd years whilst Labor ran the show up in Qld and managed it so well they hocked it up to the eyeballs to the tune of $ 65 Billion in debt, such that they now cannot run the state and pay the interest bill on the debt at the same time.

As usual, Labor just walked away and left the mountain of debt for someone else to clean up.

The Tarago van of Labor left in Parliament (not enough to even call themselves a party) are obviously hanging their heads in shame, and vowing never to be so stupid ever again....aren't they ??

Where's Clive on that ??

Stay tuned next week for Clive's upcoming enthralling media update.

Clive is a great self promoter, whose interests may sometimes coincide with the public good but almost always, its about Clive and his financial interests.

A bit of white noise now, but his impact will be short lived and immaterial. He will be following in the footsteps of another Qld'er, Joh Bjelke-Petersen, who wanted to go to Canberra in the 80's, with the same result.

As for the impact on the conservative vote, well his 'new' old UAP and Bob Katter's Party may indeed have some regional impact, but in the lower house their votes will go back to the Libs or Nats before the ALP. With the impending loss in the lower house by the current government, there will be no "Oakeshott" role in the next parliament. The Senate of course is another matter.

A successful business person does not necessarily mean you have the attributes to be a successful politician e.g John Elliot's push in the 80's was another failed attempt, from who at least then, was a successful in business. And having a 'cult of personality' does not also mean you can stand the public scrutiny of policy minutia eg Kevin Rudd.

You will be able to add Clive to the list of interesting Qld politicians, such as Pauline Hanson, Russ Heinze, Joh, Bob Katter, Cheryl Kernot (who jumped from the Dems to the ALP).

Clive will be following in the footsteps of another Qld'er, Joh Bjelke-Petersen, who wanted to go to Canberra in the 80's, with the same result.

Joh was the Premier of Queensland for 19 years and he failed miserably.

Clive has never spent one day in politics.

You can draw your own conclusions.

in the lower house their votes will go back to the Libs or Nats before the ALP.

....and hence the whole charade is a non-event.

I think that voters will scramble any which way but labor.

you would think the turkeys running the democrats show would be onto this by now, but no....maybe they are allowing the greens to fall on their sword as an alternative.

Back