Clive Palmer For PM ???

All I can say is too all Labors Lineup is start booking your holidays after next week election,..

I went along and paided the small membership fee sat in the back row like I always do ,and I will give my time next Saturday on September 7th to help give out how to vote cards at a inner Brisbane polling both because we can dream of a better Australia..

Never ever underestimate someone like MrPalmer after all if it works on the Gold Coast it works anywhere in a free country.: http://palmerunited.com/house-of-representatives/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyE4CLM0QIA

Last edited:
We watched our yellow DVD last week and everyone I have spoken to since is voting for him, I mean his party. Did you see The Pitch on Gruen Nation last week? Some good reasons why his has to be better than the other guys people would vote for.

It is all about personalities and entertainment value, isn't it???

It is all about personalities and entertainment value, isn't it???

It's about the most serious task anyone can undertake in the country. For the potential candidates to be reduced to **** taking on some comedy channel is a joke.

It's got nothing to do with personalities, nor entertainment value......but the media wouldn't have anything to report otherwise.

I cant believe anyone is thinking even minutely seriously about electing Clive Palmer. He comes across as a niave amateur. I belive anyone who is a successful businessman (ie Kennett) has a good idea how to run a government more successfully, but Palmer is someone who just got lucky property developing wise and has lived on his laurels ever since. Of the candidates he is running, 2 have been charged with criminal offenses and 2 wont even talk to the local paper in their electorates. Who is he going to use to form a govenment?

I cant believe anyone is thinking even minutely seriously about electing Clive Palmer. He comes across as a niave amateur. I belive anyone who is a successful businessman (ie Kennett) has a good idea how to run a government more successfully, but Palmer is someone who just got lucky property developing wise and has lived on his laurels ever since. Of the candidates he is running, 2 have been charged with criminal offenses and 2 wont even talk to the local paper in their electorates. Who is he going to use to form a govenment?

But look at Labors line-up,NSW and what happened down that way will take 10 years to cut the cancer out,Qld after Labor and the #### can
Mr Newman the current 38th Premier of Queensland had to pick and try and sort out the mess,and nobody ever gets "Lucky" in business not in the real world,Mr Palmer would be the one% of the one % ,myself I think a lot of people are going to be in for a real shock this time next week..imho..

Watch out, he'll sue you!

Successful business people can be good at running a government, but it doesn't necessarily follow. Running a state, or country is very different from running a business.

Sometimes I think it's good to give your first preference to someone like Palmer's party who don't have a chance of getting in and give your second preference, and real vote to a real contender. In a way it 'keeps the *******s honest'. If the odd minor party or crack pot gets in then all the better.

Successful business people can be good at running a government, but it doesn't necessarily follow. Running a state, or country is very different from running a business.

Exactly, I don't know where this idea came from that running the government is anything like running a business. We need a good politican with vision to run the country not a business person. Look at Turnbull for example, he's totally a business guy, he doesn't suit politics at all imo.

It's about the most serious task anyone can undertake in the country. For the potential candidates to be reduced to **** taking on some comedy channel is a joke.

It's got nothing to do with personalities, nor entertainment value......but the media wouldn't have anything to report otherwise.

O Dazz, didn't you recognise the sarcasm?
Sorry, maybe my comments didn't come across right.

Anyone catch this from Clive on TODAY?

Aspiring Prime Minister Clive Palmer has accused Rupert Murdoch's ex-wife Wendy Deng of being a Chinese spy who had been keeping tabs on the media mogul before their split in June.

Seems like a really nice guy with lots of original ideas. At the very least, he will inject some humour into politics. Intelligent / articulate man. Attractive young wife. I'll give him a vote.

That's good criteria to vote for somebody.

Thts trouble with political jokes. Sometimes they get elected.

The more I watch Clive, the more I wonder how he became mega wealthy.

He sounds like a common grub when we starts makings threats and lies. I had a lot more respect for him previously.

I'm not real politically minded but there's some silly sounding policies coming out of the LNP. I'm quite surprised. They'll be in power and they sound a little amateurish.

I don't mind governments but I get tired of the politics. I just hope that Labor pull their finger out in opposition and don't just oppose for the sake of it. I'm dreaming but I'd like to see government work together for once. Maybe even a 'we support the government's proposal and we see merit in its application'. It won't happen so the cycle continues.

I heard him speak recently and he has some good ideas...
Has a sense of humour and I feel he is in touch with the common folk, suprising considering the life he must lead, maybe he is just a master of BS..
Anyway, why not..he can't do any worse:D:D

Interesting. I heard his TV add for the first time not long ago and thought it was Warwick Capper talking.

What i see is a someone grandiose and slightly suspicious... and nasty if he doesn't 'win'.

In just in a short time whenever someone has 'scratched the surface' - like questioning things that don't add up/scrutinizing his policies and rationale - he takes huge offence and has a dummy spit or promises a payback :rolleyes:.

Real PM material there :confused:.

Back