Clothes Pegging

The space between the 2 mattresses of an ensemble is a good way of pressing clothes after they have been folded.

Just JOKING :p.

chuck it all in washing mashine, pull it all out of washing machine, chuck in basket, walk to line, chuck on line in the order it comes out of basket using whatever pegs i can find or none at all, JOB DONE

One of my favourites is to hang shirts in a hanger then put them on the ceiling fans - works wonders.

Also back in my boarding school days I have tried a range of drying techniques including microwaving, desk and ceiling fan trick and my personal favourite - the sandwich press! :p

pinkboy :cool:

I got rid of our clothes line as we rarely used it and it was taking up valuable space in our small yard. Haven't owned pegs in years.

All our clothes go on clothes racks inside. Usually dry overnight - sometimes a bit longer in winter. On nice sunny days I put the clothes rack outside.

For sheets and quilt covers I set up the back of some chairs to extend the clothes rack at each end.

We don't have a clothes drier. Sometimes I think it would be nice, however hubby refuses to get one (almost to the point of him or the drier).

I got rid of our clothes line as we rarely used it and it was taking up valuable space in our small yard. Haven't owned pegs in years.

Our lucky day again...room enough for a clothesline.

Amazing how some folks make do. Well done Nemo as I was thinking, with all the folks who have no clothesline/space, how do they dry sheets...?

We have one of those mega large original Hills hoist...luxury it seems...!

On acres tho...;)

Never ironed a thing in my life.
Always folded correctly from the line into basket into drawers.

Then again I have no suits, formal shirts etc...Im a bogan.:D
I'm not picturing you looking like this, somehow.

Attachments

• bogan.jpg
    bogan.jpg
    5.3 KB · Views: 45
used to peg nappies between the lines, hundreds fit.

used to carefully peg everything by cuffs and seams, iron and starch

freedom\
no more uniforms
hang everything any which way
as many sox to the peg as can squeez in
pulled out of shape
luxury

now, got tired of getting the wrinkles out
back to carefull hanging
fold off the line into the basket
still no ironing

How do I hang clothes, infrequently and wrong I'm told

I suspect the correct way is whichever way your mum taught you...or that you can remember ;)

We use a Hills Hoist

Small items on the inside and work out to the larger items

• T-Shirts partially fold base over, peg on seam
  • Socks paired and pegs on toes
  • Shorts, jocks and pants by waistband
  • Dresses,shirts by hem and pegs on seam
  • Bras, fold over line, peg in middle
  • Fold towels over line, peg each end
  • Fold sheets over line, peg each end and evenly spaced throughout
  • Blanket, fold over 2 lines and make an air gap

...Fold everything as it comes off the line, saves additional time when ironing; which I'm told I also do infrequently, s-l-o-w and wrong :D

I too have become a non ironer, but nothing gets me more then seeing creased clothes being worn. Most of my clothes now are fabrics that wash and don't need ironing, and it is the rare thing that requires ironing.

Top tip, after my clothes are dry, I have a spray bottle that is filled with water and about a teaspoon of lavender essential oil. I spray my clothes, when they dry all wrinkles are out. Sometimes I do spray the clothes when they are on the line still damp in this method.

If using a drier in winter, or when working away from home

Get to the drier 5 minutes early, stop it, take items out whilst hot; Fold everything as it comes out, saves additional time when ironing

Top tip, after my clothes are dry, I have a spray bottle that is filled with water and about a teaspoon of lavender essential oil. I spray my clothes, when they dry all wrinkles are out. Sometimes I do spray the clothes when they are on the line still damp in this method.

How very interesting...wow! Must try it!:cool:

Back