Clothesline prices

Hi
Anyone replaced a rotary type clothes line recently?

Just got a quote for line $412.50, instal $162.25 & removal of old $33.00 total $607.75.

Is this about right or can we get cheaper? This price is for a "Heritage Hoist" no idea which sized one though.

Cheers
Stella

no worries, $600 and il fly up there for a day ;)

serious, i installed one the other day, you can go 2 bunnings, pick 1 up for $169, a shovel and $10 for 2 bags of sand/cement, peice of piss to install :) if its replacing old hills hoist type u just pull old one out, and pop new 1 in the plastic sleve in the ground.

no worries, $600 and il fly up there for a day ;)

Would almost be cheaper lol.
I cant do it myself unfortunately (not physically capable) so am at the mercy of an installer/handyman. Have found another company who I'll call in the morning & see if they install in Ipswich - should be around $400 installed. Otherwise will ask PM again if their handyman can install one I supply (from Bunnings)

Did ask for a couple of quotes & if their handyman could give a price for buying from Bunnings & installing but only got this quote so far.

Cheers
Stella

We purchased a large one from bunnings for about $200. Our PM had the handyman install for only $50. We had already removed the old one. Axle grinder at base. $600 seems a bit steep.

Sunshine

Thanks for confirming their quote was a bit excessive.

Did a quick call around this morning & have arranged one for $400 all up. Gave up on the PM & their handyman.

Remind me again why I am paying them - would think they would grab maybe 2 quotes - maybe i expect too much. Oh well at least they will arrange it for me & save me having to do that too.

Cheers
Stella

Amazing what a phone call, and a question asked on SS is worth.;)

Sunshine

Never a truer word! - the knowledge on this forum is invaluable and the ease at which that knowledge is shared is also amazing!

Great place & group of like minded people to hang around with I reckon:)

Cheers
Stella

Just bought one off Ebay for $96 which was a hills hoist.
Installed it for free ourselves in about an hour of mucking around.
Was worth about $240 from Bunnings.

By the way, I found a hardware store next to Car City in Melbourne that is so much cheaper than Bunnings for all hardware - called Victoria Tools.
I swear by them now!

Mikey

Back