Coburg VIC?

Anyone familiar with this suburb? Is it good for living/ investment?

Is there over development going on?

What are the good streets/ bad streets?

Thanks a lot!

Coburg seems to be becoming more popular. There is some development going on especially the old pentridge site but not over developing occuring. I am not aware of any no go zones in coburg. Coburg is becoming popular for younger people because of it being close to brunswick. A good place to invest I really do not know as I do not follow the market there much but it seems to be a decent place to be.

Coburg is preferable over Coburg North. Coburg North has minimal commission housing however Coburg hill has been developed very well (old Kodak site). Pentridge developed well and continuing but not too high density. Cinema and shooing mall commencing construction.
Property is performing very well in the area. Ohea street side adjacent Pascoe vale excellent options for both living and investment. Brunswick East side very favourable for investment.
Recently I've seen some sales results range from $800k to $990k.
Yes there are schools. Mercy college- excellent private school- depends what you're looking for.
Easy access to strathmore school zone too.
Family oriented but still very popular with professionals due to close proximity to Cbd and excellent transport options.
I have one Ip in Coburg. Three bed semi Reno getting $580 a week.
More family oriented than Brunswick but just as popular.

Last edited:
Coburg is preferable over Coburg North. Coburg North has minimal commission housing however Coburg hill has been developed very well (old Kodak site). Pentridge developed well and continuing but not too high density. Cinema and shooing mall commencing construction.
Property is performing very well in the area. Ohea street side adjacent Pascoe vale excellent options for both living and investment. Brunswick East side very favourable for investment.
Recently I've seen some sales results range from $800k to $990k.
Yes there are schools. Mercy college- excellent private school- depends what you're looking for.
Easy access to strathmore school zone too.
Family oriented but still very popular with professionals due to close proximity to Cbd and excellent transport options.
I have one Ip in Coburg. Three bed semi Reno getting $580 a week.
More family oriented than Brunswick but just as popular.

Is Pentridge a good buy? I didn't know it was a prison until I googled it... :( Some said it's haunted??

Coburg is a great suburb that will no doubt keep booming because of its fantastic location, but you need the $$$ to buy there if you are looking at houses. Anything under $700K is become increasingly rarer based on my research. Lots of competition. I'd be looking north of Bell Street to get something decently priced.

Also, Coburg is not in the Strathmore School Zone. This means you will get second preference for enrollments to anyone within the zone.

Hi

Hello,

Coburg is a great place to invest in. The Moreland council is pumping allot of funds into the area and prices have been going up!!.

The area is turning into a very trendy place... but from my point of view, you have missed the boat on obtaining the real growth it had.

When looking at buying a investment if you are looking at capital growth best to look in a area that is about to BOOM.

I said easy access to stratmore school zone. It's one bus down to Essendon via Brunswick west. Didn't say it was in the zone.

Pentridge has some good buys but it's not as favourable to tenants. Two of the buildings- have had major building issues and the builder has filed bankruptcy.
Owners corp trying to get common repairs done but no real maintenance funds. Important things like emergency lighting and carpark leaks.

The other side of pentridge like farm rd is much better with the style of development and good returns with lower vacancy. It's new development and doesn't share parts of the original prison construction. The original construction closer to bell st and stockade way is a bit creepy at night

A very nice 3 bed sold for $706 on weekend. 8 Rolland St Coburg. In the very well regarded pocket of Coburg. Full reno single front- will get $600 pw in rent according to rent appraisal.
North of bell st yes you can find some good properties but everything semi reno is increasing in price due to land size and popularity. Heading towards Pascoe vale you can get something in the mid 500's of good size/3 bed.

My misses lives on Stockale Ave Coburg and we don't find it creepy at all. Not sure of the site as an investment and the body corp fees, but it's a decent place to live in the building.

good tram line, when you reach Gaffney St, they have bus lines still.

amazing middle eastern food there, its like a middle eastern town with a generous dash of commercial establishments (mainly flooring & plumbing) along the highway. You got your bunnings, harvey norman and the likes towards gaffney where the train station is as well. Oh, they have a flea market on weekends, right outside the train station!

its got a commercial vibe, that's what I feel everytime we go there for a good Zaatar

We bought our PPOR here exactly two years ago. Decided to buy a freestanding house with some garden 2kms up the rd from Brunswick rather than a single fronted semi in Brunswick for about the same price.

We've done some work to the house (painting, knocking down a wall, updating bathroom) and landscaping. We've put quite a lot to love into it actually. We purchased for $710k, spent about $35k over the last two years and it just got valued by the bank this week for $900k. Yippee.

I think there is more growth to come as a lot of people who can't afford Brunswick/Thornbury etc seem to be looking here.

We really enjoy living here. It's still very close to the city. Great food and lifestyle. It's slowly changing with new cafes opening etc. I think it will be quite a different place in 5 years time.

Back