Come on ASX - get your *ss up

Bank Shares

Is anyone buying bank shares at the moment?

I'm considering buying some CBA shares, but would like other people's thoughts?

I'm intending to hold them for the long term to generate - not a short term trade.

I'm intending to hold them for the long term to generate - not a short term trade.

I bought CBA in early April, and again yesterday under $76. Just accumulating on the dips.

Averaging down WBC and ANZ at present each week to accumulate more at better pricing to increase yield.

pinkboy

Long term they may not be a problem ,but with the background of a more potential blowup next month I would be waiting,some day traders I talk too think CBA may go below $60.00 depending on the way the aussie dollar goes,and several other factors,there is not many out there that separate the ones that can connect all the dots and ones that can,el desierto de los tartaros.."IMHO"

How would you feel if the value of the shares dropped to $60 as per willairs post above?

The answer to that may assist :D

Long term they may not be a problem ,but with the background of a more potential blowup next month I would be waiting,some day traders I talk too think CBA may go below $60.00 depending on the way the aussie dollar goes,and several other factors,there is not many out there that separate the ones that can connect all the dots and ones that can,el desierto de los tartaros.."IMHO"

Thanks Willair,

I think I'll hold off for a while!

IV

You have possibly seen this, amazing in this day and age.

Tesco Investigates Accounting Error

The newly installed chief executive, Dave Lewis, said Monday that Tesco had uncovered a "serious" accounting issue, amounting to a third profit warning in as many months.

http://online.wsj.com/articles/tesco-error-triggers-new-profit-warning-1411367294

And

BUFFETT: Investing In Tesco Was A 'Huge Mistake'

Warren Buffett, the chairman of Berkshire Hathaway, admitted that investing in Tesco, the largest retailer in the UK, was a terrible error.

Speaking to CNBC on Thursday, the Omaha businessman said: ?I made a mistake on Tesco. That was a huge mistake by me.?

Buffett is Tesco?s fourth biggest shareholders since he started buying the supermarket?s shares in 2007. In 2013, he owned 301 million shares, about 3.7% of the company, the FT reported.

According CNBC, Buffett has lost over $US700 million on his investment.

Tesco is struggling to compete with other discounts retailers like Aldi and Lidl, and its shares are at a 11-year low. The share price dropped by 49% this year and received a further blow last month when the retailer announced it had overstated its profits by 250 million pounds.

Hi Lizzie

It's getting it's R's up ;)

Lizzy, I attended a seminar sometime ago where the ASX experts illustrated, how China's economy went up that year yet stock there went down

There's an interesting read here on Blooomberg

China Wealth Proves Elusive as Stocks Earn 1% in 20 Years

A $10,000 investment in Chinese stocks would have grown to only $12,200. If you had invested in U.S. stocks over the same period, $10,000 would have grown to $47,655

Just looking at the ASX 200 from 10th Sept when you posted to now, its only up about 5% as it went lower still until mid October

US Market is up nearly 25% over that same period and World Ex US around 12%

21st Jan 2015 to now and all are up around 10%

Back