Comments on Plan

Any comments on this plan.

The office in the front is to keep the council happy and where the sink is shown will be a wardrobe so it can be used as a 4th bedroom.

I am still waiting on a version with the dimensions of the rooms etc included.

Both dwellings will be rented seperately.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very good point HD-ACE that i didn't pick up, thankyou.

It is made even worse as if the tenant puts a queen bed in that bedroom there would only be ~55cm between the bed and the wardrobe to walk between.

I must be a bit slow today, was just told the "office" could be rented out seperately (as retail or office), just brick up the doorway between the office and the 3x2x2.

I would have 1x1x1, a 3x2x2 and a 17m2 retail office which could all be leased individually. The property is zoned mixed use, being in the centre of major hub so all above board. Even more cashflow positive :)

Yes :D

Just one thing, would the tenant of the single bedroom dwelling have a problem with any guests walking through their room to use bathroom?

Cheers

Haha Westminster knows my weakness for reading plans in the absence of elevations or 3D models.

It all does look very nifty. My one query was about the double carport/garage - that's for the 3x2? How do you access one from the other?

Down the side of the house, that 1800mm high fence across the walkway shouldn't be there.

They are going to look at fixing the bathroom access for the 1x1, not sure how it will work though.

Haha Westminster knows my weakness for reading plans in the absence of elevations or 3D models.

It all does look very nifty. My one query was about the double carport/garage - that's for the 3x2? How do you access one from the other?

No one should let you near plans :)

Single garage can use the door between the 2 garages to access the 1 x 1.
DOuble garage goes down side of house to the 3 x 2.
Office has no parking and accesses from front street.

I would extend alfresco dividing wall to the boundary so that the alfrescos are closed off from each other. Gate from front can then allow ONLY 3 x 2 to access from street front. Tenant in 1 x 1 can walk around the block or learn to drive everywhere - or just trek over the vacant block :)

Down the side of the house, that 1800mm high fence across the walkway shouldn't be there.

They are going to look at fixing the bathroom access for the 1x1, not sure how it will work though.

I would leave the 1 x 1 access to bathroom as it is. Practically all 1 x 1s deal with this issue and cope ok :)

There will be a 1800H fence between the alfresco dividing wall and the boundary wall.

The 1x1 occupant can only get access to the property from the rear.

The office has off street parking bays in front of it.

I would consider swapping the position of the bathroom/bedroom 1 in Lot A.
The door to the bedroom 1 would be opposite bed 2 and there would be a solid wall throughout the living area. This would also eliminate the two beds being up agains each other. I am asuming that wall is solid firewall but even still I wouldn't like the beds to be together like that.

I like it - as WM said - Quite nifty.

I would look to remove the semi-onsuite door in Br2. Thus allowing for more robe space and more bathroom space.
I would also look to have the shower on the other side of the bathroom - its not great having a shower next to a cupboard on the other side, due to mould issues in the future (minor issue).
Maybe add an 'island' to the kitchen to increase bench and cupboard space, which wont comprimise on living space.

Blacky

Back