Commercial Office - Government Tenant

G'day All,

I am looking for feedback from anyone out there who has current or past experience with (State) Government tenants in a commercial office scenario please. Actually, this question could also be answered if you happen to work in a govt. office leased from private investor(s) and know a little about the machinations of the arrangement.

I'm currently looking at a property in Queensland which is leased as a regional centre emergency services office in a small complex of 5 various, established and long term retail tenants.

This lease has been in place for 15 yrs so far and the property is being sold as "a going concern".

This is a 'how long is a piece of string' question, but I am essentially looking for any commentary positive and negative on any aspect of your experiences so far. Things like lease tenure you have been able to negotiate, options for extension of lease, Govt. closing the office and bailing out, issues surrounding requests to upgrade offices in line with technology change or to modify layout, good tenant / bad tenant, general experiences in any respect.

As feedback comes in hopefully I can start to enquire and steer the thread in a more specific sense.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Ian.

Back