Commission housing

Anyone know where i can find the locations of commission houses?
Are there still commission houses in places like Ashburton or is it in the past?
Thanks

Ashburton

Are there still commission houses in places like Ashburton or is it in the past?
Thanks

Yes there are still commision homes in Ashburton ( I live near them), there is not as many as there used to be 10+ years ago as the council have sold many off. Most of them that remain are flats ( there is the odd house). There is only a small pocket of them and they are quite noticable although they have invested recently in most of them by putting in new batts in the roof and painting exterior etc so they will be around for a fair amount of time. There is a small pocket between station and warrigal rd, and High St and the golf course. In saying that there was a 3 bed place in lancaster Rd that they wanted $470K+ for and got $610k and these place are right next door to some commision flats http://www.realestate.com.au/cgi-bi...t=&header=&cc=&c=12736549&s=vic&tm=1253681940

A couple of years ago they rezoned part of Ashburton to be Glen Ir on the Northern side of High St, but I would recommend on the city Side of the station as these are better houses and I believe they will eventually rezone this to Glen Iris also

Jezza

In the unit I own in Brindisi St, Mentone, there are about 12 units of which 2 are owned by the Depart of Housing. In the 12 years of ownership, there have been no issues with the tenants and the department of housing gives their proxy to the body corp manager.

Maybe, I've been lucky. But I can understand the govt policy of buying in different surburbs.

In 1956 the Housing Commission of Victoria (HCV) built the Olympic Village at Heidelberg West which was later used for public housing.
Not sure what the current status of those housing there around Waterdale &
Oriel Rd.

KK

Back