Which Area to avoid in Armidale NSW

Hi All,
I am planning to get the next IP in Armidale with a potential to devlope later and looking for land area >800SQM. I am new to the area and lives in Sydney. Last week Went for a drive and feel and happy with the outcome.

1. Which areas to avoid (housing commission) etc. Is there a way to find a map or something that outlines this?

Thanks in advance..
:confused:

Armidale is a really nice town. When searching online youll see the dodgey areas!! on RE.com.au search by map and have a look at the show pic.

The south east pocket is the commsion area. We did work around there and did get the occasional beer bottle thrown at the trucks by kids! all good fun!

Bout time my home town got some lovin :)
Id stick with north and south hill and avoid west and south east as mentioned above.

1. Which areas to avoid (housing commission) etc. Is there a way to find a map or something that outlines this?

There are approx 93 housing com & govt owned properties - see blue pins on attached map.

Attachments

• HousingComGovtPropsArmidale.jpg
    HousingComGovtPropsArmidale.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,914
Hi All,
I am planning to get the next IP in Armidale with a potential to devlope later and looking for land area >800SQM. I am new to the area and lives in Sydney. Last week Went for a drive and feel and happy with the outcome.

Thanks in advance..
:confused:

Develop in Armidale...hopefully you dont your numbers correctly...when i hear develop im thinking duplex/ block of 3-4 etc...

Great area for cash flow IP...but i can't see the numbers working for "development"

Develop in Armidale...hopefully you dont your numbers correctly...when i hear develop im thinking duplex/ block of 3-4 etc...

Great area for cash flow IP...but i can't see the numbers working for "development"

Hi Mick,
Thanks for the details. I am planning to build a duplex or 3-4 units and get the cashflow...

Velli

Armidale is a really nice town. When searching online youll see the dodgey areas!! on RE.com.au search by map and have a look at the show pic.

The south east pocket is the commsion area. We did work around there and did get the occasional beer bottle thrown at the trucks by kids! all good fun!

Hi Bob,
thank you very much for the details. I know how to use the map search on Re.com.au. but how we get the show pic and what it will produce?

Bit confused???:confused:

When you click on the property location it gives the first photo of the property for sale, if you find a group that all look fidgety and fibro, front doors optional extra. Then you've found the area to avoid

Hi,

Main commision areas are in the south east corner and north west corner.

Also be carefull with South Hill as there is a lot of movement up there. I wouldn't buy within a couple of blocks of the highway on the southern side. Once you get up the hill on the flat it seems ok but there are a lot of problems in that sloping strip that follows the highway into town from the south.

Rgds

RC

I also want to say that country folk have a very different concept of time compared to city folk. Every minute actually matters a lot so If you plan to buy in town (ie: not rural) then dont go out too far. We talk about commute times being in minutes where as in big cities we do not think twice about commute times that run over an hour.

I also want to say that country folk have a very different concept of time compared to city folk. Every minute actually matters a lot so If you plan to buy in town (ie: not rural) then dont go out too far. We talk about commute times being in minutes where as in big cities we do not think twice about commute times that run over an hour.

Good point and so true!! Living out of Sydney for the last few years in one town had one set of traffic lights and if i got the red on the way to work if really affected my day!:mad: haha it went from 5 min to 6 min travel time! I feel physically ill thinking about going back to Sydney and the daily commute

Mate, I almost had a heart attack when I moved to brisbane for uni and found out that it would take an hour and a half and 2 buses to get to uni. Hahahaha, am conditioned to it now though :)

Haha that's huge!
It takes a few weeks but you soon become a brain dead commuter! I used to get the train and found it unreal how there were so many people with nothing behind their eyes, robot mode! And i loved it when a train was 2 min late, oh the drama! End of the world stuff right there!

Mate, I almost had a heart attack when I moved to brisbane for uni and found out that it would take an hour and a half and 2 buses to get to uni. Hahahaha, am conditioned to it now though :)

ouch.

I did nine yrs of 2-3 hrs a day. No more. Patience is a virtue and perseverance is great too but eventually you need to make a decision to redesign your life.

Back