Concrete Driveway - Perth

Anyone know of a concreter in Perth for a Northern Suburbs property driveway?

The wife has been chasing quotes but having no real joy for approx 200 sqm of driveway down the length of a 43 m long block of land

I had a quick look at Home In Wa and saw Concreteus which is part of the ABN Group

I'd be interested if anyone knows of any others, or has used someone they were happy with?

Johnny Ruffo :)

I found out on Friday that he did some of the slab of my Westminster villas and a TV crew for the show he was on (factor?) came and videod it and he wrote his name in my slab.

I won't recommend the people that did the stuff around here as it's all cracking.

Johnny Ruffo :)

I found out on Friday that he did some of the slab of my Westminster villas and a TV crew for the show he was on (factor?) came and videod it and he wrote his name in my slab.

I won't recommend the people that did the stuff around here as it's all cracking.

Ruffo by name & ruffo by workmanship.

He lives up to his name.

Exposed Aggregate

I used Exquisite Limestone to put in exposed aggregate about 3 years ago. It looks amazing - I'm like the colorbond guy on the TV - however it has cracked across the middle. They quoted for steel reinforcing, but when laying it did not put it in :( Next time I won't be as easy going! Same goes for retic guy and limestone retaining guy - The next lot of tradies I hire will pay for the transgressions of the previous ones I am sure! Will prob do the retic myself actually!

Just got a quote on a 80sq job to pull up old drive way and install exposed honed concrete which includes the final seal $9000 gives you a ball park figure to work with.

The wife has been chasing quotes but having no real joy for approx 200 sqm of driveway down the length of a 43 m long block of land
Can't suggest a supplier as I am too far south but.

9m wide by 30m long=210m2. Moonstone aggregate.
100mm slab, plastic under plus reo. Compacted as well.Took 4 guys 3 days to install and they worked hard. Had to be sloped to 3 drains.
$16k plus another $1000 in sealer done by myself.

Hope that helps.

I used Exquisite Limestone to put in exposed aggregate about 3 years ago. It looks amazing - I'm like the colorbond guy on the TV - however it has cracked across the middle. They quoted for steel reinforcing, but when laying it did not put it in :( Next time I won't be as easy going! Same goes for retic guy and limestone retaining guy - The next lot of tradies I hire will pay for the transgressions of the previous ones I am sure! Will prob do the retic myself actually!

What, no steel mesh within the concrete :confused:

Yeah leaving out the mesh...thats a no no in concreting. You simply must have steel reinforcement in concrete, especially a driveway carrying cars and trucks etc.

Even then some put it in but dont chair it up and it just lays in the bottom of the excavation and does no job at all except rustaway uselessly.

How these guys get away with this simply amazes me....:eek:

If your driveway is cracked across the middle and they knowingly left out the reo, then you have them on toast for compensation and or rectification.

It's these few cowboys who destroy confidence in trades.

Back